New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Ipad2 browser question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Mavericks, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

On my Ipad2, my default search engine is google. So when I look up something, lets say "macforums" and then exit, when I come back it is still where I left off. Is there any way that I can set it so that when I come back it will default to the Google search site, clearing where I last left off? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Not in Safari unless you quit the app, not just going to another app so all it does is go to the background.

To do what you would like, grab Atomic Web Browser. A tabbed browser, along with many other features, incl'g the ability to set up privacy mode in which you have several options to delete cookies, history, cache when it is closed or goes into the background. Once you have privacy settings to your taste, it has a menu option at the top of the browser to turn privacy mode on or off according to your at the moment desire.

All it's options are within the browser also. No need to head back to Settings like you do with most of Apple's apps.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Mavericks, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Thanks bobtomay. I will give it a try.

Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

You can make it open to Google by creating a shortcut to the Google URL and placing it on your home screen.

1) Launch Safari on the device.
2) In the address field type Google
3) Type the share button (bottom of screen, icon looks like a box with an arrow)
4) Click "Add to home screen" to create a shortcut to the URL
5) Name your shortcut and tap "Add"

There you have it, a URL of your choosing that does not pick up where you left off. Safari will still function the same way and go right back, but the shortcut will always start at your fresh page.

Hope this helps!

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

Thanks JohnCL. I will give this a try as well.

Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
Nashh

Nashh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesidedog View Post
Thanks JohnCL. I will give this a try as well.
Guess you must have figured out which browser to use by now. However you may try out Terra, it is an excellent user friendly browser. You will not be disappointed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad2 is unable to update or download any apps | Mac mail and iPad mail »