New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad delivery via UPS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

funkycaveman

funkycaveman is on a distinguished road

Ordered an iPad from the Apple website a few weeks ago. When the dispatch notification finally arrived I was pleased. UPS sent the iPad but I was unable to sign for the package as it came very late in the day, so it was sent back to their distribution centre. There was no useful information on the slip which was left, apart from chargeable phone numbers and lots of small print.

The UPS website lacked vital information about the tracking of the iPad and the information given was vague. A redelivery was successful in the end, but a warning to anyone ordering an iPad in the UK from Apple. Be available when it is delivered. UPS's have very few distribution centers in the UK, that is if UPS tell you where your package is at. In my opinion Apple should have used another courier such as TNT for the iPad deliveries. I have had no problems with them (TNT had to pick up a return, a large iMac and everything went really smoothly).

Not sure if anyone else has had problems with UPS or iPad deliveries before?
Also, asking UPS about this issue, they blame Apple as "they make all the rules for the deliveries".
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just got one!!! | "No Wi-Fi" »