New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

"No Wi-Fi"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RestlessNic

RestlessNic is on a distinguished road

Hello all, am having difficulty with my iPad 2, 64gb Wi-Fi, version 4.3.3. It started with the machine having difficulty seeing a WiFi signal (although I was in the same room with the router) then will only give me a "No Wi-Fi". It will not allow me to turn WiFi on or off (although Airplane mode is functional) and Bluetooth keeps searching even when right next to my MacBook (with Bluetooth turned on). So far I have re-booted the iPad, re-booted the router and modem, "Reset Network Settings" on the iPad, "Reset All Settings" on the iPad, and restored the iPad through iTunes. No joy. Before I reformat the iPad, has anyone seen this before and any suggestions? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

If it's having so many issues, it might be a hardware thing. You should take it to the Apple store and see what they say..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
RestlessNic

Thanks Raz0r, but I live in the British Virgin Islands, the closest Apple store is in Miami. Unfortunately taking it to a store is not an option.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Since you've done all the power-cycle and other simple remedies, definitely do a restore of the iPad to see if it will get it back to its senses..

Hopefully that takes care of it, but if it continues to have issues, you do have Applecare for the first year, so do call Apple up and see if they have anything else you can try and beyond that it might be a hardware issue and you might have to figure out how to get it replaced or sent off somewhere..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
RestlessNic

Am going to do a complete "erase and start over" this evening, hopefully that ill be the cure. Have found quite a few people with the same problem on the Apple Support Forum but haven't had a chance to go through all the suggestions.

Appreciate your response, will see what happens.

Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

Try it at SBUX or similar freebie wifi sources and see how it behaves.
QUOTE Thanks
RestlessNic

Have got the wifi back. Am not sure what it was that brought it back but what I did was... "Erase All Content and Settings". After that, I turned the machine off for overnight and the next morning I had a virgin iPad2 with wifi capabilities.

So, thanks for the suggestions, I'm done for now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad delivery via UPS | An idea...stop me if I'm wrong... »