New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

IPad Shipping

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Just got my shipping notice from Apple for my iPad. Says it's on it's way from SHENZHEN CN. Is that where Apple is shipping the iPads from?

Says it will be here by Thursday to California. Seems kind of fast for all that distance.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

The stuff Apple ships from China does seem to get here pretty fast. I ordered a couple iPod Touches a while back...and they got here pretty fast as well. Seems like most shipments come via plane (versus a ship)...so that certainly speeds things up.

Hey...congrats on getting an iPad...I didn't realize you were getting one!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Nick, It just sort of worked out. One friend got some $$$, I had some and another friend wanted me to have one, so it's on it's way!

Thanks for the shipping info. They say Thursday for sure. There are times the iPad will come in quite handy where it's a pain to use a laptop and the iPhone screen is just too small. I will do a review on it after I have it for a few days.

Also, a month or two before this ear issue started to act up, I messed with an iPad one night at Best Buy trying to find info on an ATI card I was buying for my game system that night. I was very impressed and have wanted one ever since. It really would have helped a lot when I was on my back for a few days at a time. So looking forward to it arriving!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Mine (actually 2 of them, one for me and one for my wife) came from Shenzen, via Hong Kong. Then by air to Alaska, sat awaiting customs clearance for a day then flight to Memphis and delivered the next day to my door. Average about 3 days total for both.

Congrats on getting the iPad BTW

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

I should have asked...you getting one of great-priced refurbished iPad 1's...or an iPad 2? And which model are you getting (WiFi, WiFi + 3G, storage)?

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I ordered a iPad 2 and cover, and the cover did ship from Shenzen and arrived about 3 days later..the iPad 2 on the other hand is shipping from Chengdu and is sitting in Korea right now..

No specific delivery date yet, I imagine that'll happen once it reaches the US shores..

- Incheon, Korea, Republic of
- Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong
- Chengdu, China
- EPZ, China

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I should have asked...you getting one of great-priced refurbished iPad 1's...or an iPad 2? And which model are you getting (WiFi, WiFi + 3G, storage)?

- Nick
One of the Referb 16GB WiFi's. Great deal. Could not pass it up.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
One of the Referb 16GB WiFi's. Great deal. Could not pass it up.
Yes...$349 is a pretty darn nice price! I know that it's gonna be nice to own a fairy new piece of Apple hardware (since both of us do "dabble" quite a bit with the "older stuff")!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

It will be the newest piece of Apple gear here for sure.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

So my iPad arrived this morning but I wasn't home to sign for it..so had to pick it up at the local UPS facility, which I did about 30 mins ago..it's updating and charging right now..let the games begin...

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
So my iPad arrived this morning but I wasn't home to sign for it..so had to pick it up at the local UPS facility, which I did about 30 mins ago..it's updating and charging right now..let the games begin...

Regards
That was a happy ending. I thought that since you missed the delivery...that you would have to wait till tomorrow to get it.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

My iPad is in Alaska (Arrived there today from Hong Kong). Its been approved into the USA and on it's way to California.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Mine (actually 2 of them, one for me and one for my wife) came from Shenzen, via Hong Kong. Then by air to Alaska, sat awaiting customs clearance for a day then flight to Memphis and delivered the next day to my door. Average about 3 days total for both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
My iPad is in Alaska (Arrived there today from Hong Kong). Its been approved into the USA and on it's way to california.
Who decides the shipping routes? Seriously. Why is everything being shipped up to Alaska just to come back down again? Looking at the geography, wouldn't it be smarter to ship it to Vancouver, Seattle or LA?

Congrats on getting the iPad. Another fine Apple product to add to the collection.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Van, Steve Jobs himself! He is over there in China making sure it's shipped that way!

The iPad will be helpful to me especially with the health issues. Make it easy to lay down and still keep in touch and read.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Who decides the shipping routes? Seriously. Why is everything being shipped up to Alaska just to come back down again? Looking at the geography, wouldn't it be smarter to ship it to Vancouver, Seattle or LA?
I not 100% sure...but it could be that the "Polar Route" is shorter. Or maybe shorter "hops" from airport to airport...which may allow for flying smaller planes with a lower fuel capacity...versus flying across the entire Pacific.

Or maybe because it's a cargo plane...maybe they have less destination choices compared to passenger planes.

Just a few guess's,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 2 Stock - Florida | E-books - (Kindle + Ipad) ... »