Thread: Help!

Exclamation Help!
    So I ordered a new iPad2 (white 32GB Wifi 3G) last week. I was out of town when it was delivered to my house, so my roomies took it inside and put it in my room. Well they also threw some house party, and a bunch of our stuff got stolen, including the iPad and some jewelry and other small expensive things. Hoping we find this guy/gal. But if not, I was wondering is there ANY way I can get this iPad tracked by ANYBODY (police, apple, ANYONE!) even with it never being turned on or used. It was still in its shipping box, and still packed up in the iPad box sealed and never used.

Is there any way this can be tracked for me once turned on??? Please help this sucks!!

Kansas City
    Not really. The only option is "Find my iPad" using MobileMe, but that has to be setup by you to work.
    12" rMB 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Sounds like your roomies owe you an iPad.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    That's one reason why I always recommend buying "renter's insurance" especially if you have room mates. Renter's insurance is usually very inexpensive and would have covered the loss.

providence r.i.
    soon to be another iMac owner
    ouch! sucks man so sorry to hear that

i'm glad i'm so past the roommate thing...

someone must know someone who was at the party...i wouldnt rest till you get to the bottom of it

good luck

Thread Information