New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad arriving early

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ElegantEsthetic

ElegantEsthetic will become famous soon enough

Sharing my excitement over the fact that my iPad is scheduled to arrive on Thursday (three days!) instead of next Wednesday, which is what Apple had estimated--after pushing the delivery back a day.

I can't wait for that thing to arrive; the only problem is dragging myself to work instead of playing with my new toy
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

Awesome" you are going to love your new device. I agree, it is going to be difficult to go to work knowing your iPad is waiting.

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
ElegantEsthetic

I actually don't have to work until four, so it's more likely that the problem will be tearing myself away from it. The same thing happened with my Macbook Pro; my first day of work I went to my house on break, saw that it was there, and then had to go back up for a few hours.

I think the parts I'm most excited for are:

Portability
Reading web pages
Taking notes
OmniFocus

And all of the delightful games.
QUOTE Thanks
chrisyb96

chrisyb96 is on a distinguished road

That's awesome!! When did you order yours?
My son's hasn't shipped yet. I ordered it April 12th from apple.com and got 2 day shipping. It's supposed to ship on May 3rd and im supposed to get it May 5th. He's anxiously waiting
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

I recommend Zite, it is an awesome app that lets you "build" a magazine based on your interests, I use it everyday.

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
ElegantEsthetic

My iPad was ordered on April 7th. It's still listed as being in EPZ China and UPS or whoever is saying 'the service selected is not available' blah, blah blah; the important thing is that the delivery estimate hasn't slipped yet.

Also ordered the sleeve and stylus with two day shipping (Amazon Prime seriously makes a difference, gotta love being a student). Essentially, everything should be here on Thursday and I'm stoked.

I've heard about Zite; I'll definitely look into it.
QUOTE Thanks
ElegantEsthetic

Update: apparently it's left China, but delivery date has become 'unknown'.

Balls.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantEsthetic View Post
Update: apparently it's left China, but delivery date has become 'unknown'.

Balls.
UPS driver accidentally stepped on it, crushed it and is just waiting to report it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
UPS driver accidentally stepped on it, crushed it and is just waiting to report it.
That's mean, Bob, just plain mean!

FWIW it was probably a FEDEX driver since everything I've gotten from Apple recently has come FEDEX. Though, I guess that could vary by location.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
ElegantEsthetic

It says it's shipping through UPS, which I found odd; I'm pretty sure that my MBP (and the free iPod that arrived before it) were shipped by FedEx.

It's getting kinda frustrating that all I'm getting is 'will be delivered by the displayed delivery date' when there ISN'T one displayed. And I guess UPS is having troubles because of a thunderstorm in Kentucky?

Like I said; balls.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My iPad died today. yes DIED!!! | Power supply »