Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is one single pixel enough?
    Hey Guys,

So I have one "dead" pixel on my ipad 2...it is in the middle of the screen. Would this be enough for you guys to go get apple to take a look at it? I hate to be a huge pain, but I bought the thing less than a month ago, so I am looking for the best quality.
     15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White

Specs:
    soon to be another iMac owner
    I would say yes..one pixel is enough for apple to probably even replace it

They bend over backwards and if u ( the customer) notice it obviously it's enough

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Absolutely. What is it, maybe a month old? You shouldn't have any dead pixels and Apple will surely replace it if you take it in.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Take a look at these guys, I just want to verify that you would call this a "dead pixel". I would like to go into the store and seem like I know what it is and not just throwing out random problems.

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Apple has guidelines on how many dead pixels and where they are with regard to whether they'll replace or repair a screen. Best thing is just to take it to them and have them look at it.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

thanks schweb

So I took it into the Apple store in Toronto this morning. It was easter weekend so stores were closed friday and sunday in Canada (and there was no way I would be caught in yorkdale on a saturday sandwiched between two holidays).

I took it there expecting to walk out with a new one, so I restored the iPad to factory settings. I walked up to one of the Genius' and showed them my problem. Within 10 minutes, I walked out with a brand new iPad. Although I was expecting it, I was not sure 100% if they would give me a new one or if they even had the stock. Needless to say I was happy and the Genius apologized sincerely, even though it wasn't his or Apple's fault. I tend not to take things such as this too seriously as it happens and getting all fussy about it will get you nowhere.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are LESS iPad 2's available than there were a week or two after launch? I specifically remember going into few Future Shops and Best Buys a week after the 25th (launch in Canada) and seeing many iPad 2's locked up. I was looking for a new case today and stopped by a few FS's and BB's and none of them had any!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by bentharbour View Post

Within 10 minutes, I walked out with a brand new iPad. Although I was expecting it, I was not sure 100% if they would give me a new one or if they even had the stock.
    First let me say thanks for the update...and congratulations on getting a replacement iPad 2.

But (I'm getting in a little late on this thread)...before your visit to the Apple Store I would not have been quite as confident as you sounded.

As I believe Schweb mentioned above...Apple and other manufacturers have guidelines relating to dead pixels & hardware replacement/repair. I don't know the exact numbers off hand...but usually on items such as laptop displays & LCD monitors...you need multiple dead pixels before a replacement/repair is likely to happen. With one special note...it also depends if the dead pixels are spread out over the surface of the display...or are clustered together. Clustering of dead pixels requires fewer dead pixels to get a replacement/repair.

And usually...one dead pixel is not enough for a replacement/repair.

But all of this really doesn't matter now. You got a replacement...and that's what's important! Congrats again...and way to go Apple!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Yeah, I am a glass is half full kind of guy. Furthermore, if something doesn't "meet" my expectations it is not a big deal. Although Schweb is right with what he is saying, I figured I would just go in there and be my usual self (confident and very understanding) and hopefully come out with what I went there for.

Good thing I got it I guess. As I was leaving I saw a lot of "how did he get that!" looks haha

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Yeah, I am a glass is half full kind of guy. Furthermore, if something doesn't "meet" my expectations it is not a big deal. Although Schweb is right with what he is saying, I figured I would just go in there and be my usual self (confident and very understanding) and hopefully come out with what I went there for.

Good thing I got it I guess. As I was leaving I saw a lot of "how did he get that!" looks haha
    Hey...I agree...you did the right thing. Nothing tried...nothing gained!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are LESS iPad 2's available than there were a week or two after launch? I specifically remember going into few Future Shops and Best Buys a week after the 25th (launch in Canada) and seeing many iPad 2's locked up. I was looking for a new case today and stopped by a few FS's and BB's and none of them had any!
    This could be one of the reasons why Production issues hit iPad 2 shipments

iPad 2 quality
    First off I have to say that the customer service of Apple is usually very good and that if you have any issues most of the time they will find a solution for it (hardware defects= replacement).

I have had serious screen bleeding issues on my white iPad 2 and it got replaced at an Apple store without an issue at all.
    TechCentury on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/TechCentury
    Your channel for the latest news in tech, reviews, unboxings and much more!

Yeah, we have all heard about the light bleeding issues. It is a shame, but thankfully apple has handled it well and given their usual customer service.

The new iPad 2 I was given does have a slight "yellow tint" on one side. But after some research I hear it is just the glue that has to fully dry. Even if it stayed, I don't care, it is not a big deal to me. I love this iPad.

Have you guys opted for AppleCare?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I haven't made it to the Apple store. But I've dropped in my local BB and Target after they were suppose to carry them at least a half dozen times. I drive within 1/2 mile of both of them daily. Not a one in sight yet.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Thread Information