Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   iPad Hardware and Accessories (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/)
-   -   Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipad-hardware-accessories/233918-smart-covers-cases-screen-protectors.html)

bobtomay 03-13-2011 08:10 AM

Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

This is the place...

For all your questions, reviews and recommendations for all the new covers, cases and screen protectors for your new favorite toy.

Posting pics: please resize your pics to no larger than 800x600 prior to posting.

Note: After no less than 5 threads "today", quite a few threads have been merged here into this single topic. If you can't find your thread/post any longer, it's quite likely here.

(Warning: First time posters - this is not an invite to spammers - you have been warned.)

stevej 03-14-2011 06:57 PM

iPad 2 Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Have my 1st iPad (2) on order, 3-4 weeks back order, can't wait. Looking for a case/stand that will allow both landscape and portrait viewing. Will be doing a lot of book reading etc so I think it will be better in portrait set-up, don't really know as I don't have any kind of ebook reader at this time. Any ideas. In my looking I found this one but seems most don't like the band to keep it closed.

for Mac Cases & Accessories | THZ045US | by Targus

KoDorSean 03-14-2011 08:41 PM

The link below has 23 options. Good luck. :)

Belkin folio cases - iPad 2 case roundup (photos) - CNET Reviews

jacksonian 03-14-2011 10:06 PM

There are tons of case makers, but hardly anyone has their iPad 2 cases ready yet. Some companies I've seen with a good selection include Marware, iSkin, Case-Mate, InCase, SGPStore, Speck, Griffin, Macally. There are certainly many more out there.

Seems like every time they release a new iPhone or iPad, I end up spending about as much on cases as I do on the electronics. I end up buying 4 or 5 until I find the one that's just right for me. It's kind of a problem. I need a group. :)

Leiyah 03-15-2011 09:19 PM

Thanks for the link, KoDorSean. There are a few I really liked and plan to keep watching for them to be released!

KoDorSean 03-16-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiyah (Post 1203077)
Thanks for the link, KoDorSean. There are a few I really liked and plan to keep watching for them to be released!

Happy to help. :)

Ecg■eow 03-18-2011 07:51 PM

ipad 2 screen protector and case reccomendations

what screen protectors and cases do you all think are good for the ipad 2. are all screen protectors created equal, or are there differences between brands that I should take into account. I'm looking for cheap but effective.

Ecg■eow 03-18-2011 07:56 PM

I just realized this is the wrong forum. Can someone move this?

iWhat 03-18-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecg■eow (Post 1204665)
I just realized this is the wrong forum. Can someone move this?

No problem, done.

RustProofCorn 03-18-2011 11:09 PM

For you http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipa...art-cover.html

And http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipa...-ipad-2-a.html

Both are people from the forums talking about cases and screen protectors.

New MBP User 03-20-2011 07:15 AM

Attention US iPad 2 Owners...

Hi,

I am waiting to buy the iPad 2 in the UK (Friday 25th March) and cannot wait! Killing me that I know the US is already selling them!

I also have a little OCD when it comes to buying new things - especially Apple products. SO, my question is...

When the iPad 2 was released in the US were there many cases to buy for it apart from the Smartcover? I want to buy a case to protect both the back and the front of it. I know for the iPad 1 there was a cheapish black case for it which I thought was perfect so do they happen to make one like this for the iPad 2??

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

P.s. forgot to mention... I am asking about cases which are sold in store, not online. I have seen some online such as the Belkin range but they won't ship to UK and I don't want to wait and have my iPad unprotected whilst UK online store stock them...

ThePope43 03-20-2011 10:01 AM

Plain and simple, no there were no cases in stores. Just the smar cover.

codda 03-20-2011 11:04 AM

Got mine ( iPad 2 ) at an Apple authorized reseller...they had cases for the iPad 2...black leather...with proper cut outs/exposures for cameras. I didn't inspect too closely...don't even remember the price..FWIW.

New MBP User 03-20-2011 11:40 AM

Ok, so I can hopefully get one from elsewhere on launch day if the Apple store don't have any. Thanks people!

Leiyah 03-21-2011 03:05 AM

The only accessory I found available at any store was the Smart Cover from Apple. Third party retailers are now starting to offer iPad 2 compatible accessories (back covers, screen protectors, etc) now, which is great!