New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrMopple

MrMopple is on a distinguished road

I'm extremely happy with my iPad2 (obviously) and apart from the marks the Smart cover leaves on the front of the screen, am happy with that too. But after spending a good deal of money on the iPad, the Smart cover just isn't enough protection I feel it deserves.

Does anyone know of or recommend a suitable alternative to the Smart cover which will protect both the front and rear of the iPad, ideally a leather case bound style case as apposed to the thin skin protection ones?

Many Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Maybe try the sticky, at the top of this forum.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ipa...rotectors.html

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Shroppy

Shroppy is on a distinguished road

Go for the pixelskin hd wrap thats what im getting in my oPinion is the most useful of the lot
QUOTE Thanks
xINFINITELIGHTx

xINFINITELIGHTx is on a distinguished road

My contribution:

I have had 3 ipod touches and i now have the ipad 2. i always use a full body case so back and front are cool and don't bother with screen protectors.

I also don't believe in putting plastic over living room furniture. I might as well have bought plastic couches.

here is the cheap ipad 2 case

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Apple iPad 2 Bold Standby case (Black) for the Apple iPad 2 Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB: Electronics

less than 20 dollars for a full body one and it has the fold feature for positioning it well. it's not all leather and it has no super hardness in between the leather for protection but it is thicker than if you didn't get a full body case.

it has place for cameras and all that. all and all i give it a 10 cause it does everything i need it to do. since it's an ipad i dont think the fact that the edges are harder to his is a problem. but i don't think i've really tested taht to an extent enough to be an expert on it either.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xINFINITELIGHTx View Post
don't bother with screen protectors.

I also don't believe in putting plastic over living room furniture. I might as well have bought plastic couches.
I don't put plastic on my living room furniture either. But with a good crystal screen protector, you can't tell there's anything on it.
QUOTE Thanks
class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

I've got a case from Piel Frama on order at cases.com. I had this same case on my original iPad and am turning it over to my husband completely unmarked. It's held up very well. This is a leather case from Spain and has the magnets for the sleep wake function.

Piel Frama

 24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
 2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
 iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
 iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I couldn't make up mind, but then got notice my iPad2 had shipped so had to do something. Ordered the Radtech STM.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I couldn't make up mind, but then got notice my iPad2 had shipped so had to do something. Ordered the Radtech STM.
Ordered mine last night. Unfortunately it won't ship 'til the 20th. I'll be sure to post pictures and a review once I get it.

Also, for future orderers, If you enter the discount code "AUG1Q59" when ordering the STM Skinny from Radtech you'll get a 20% discount.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

Can't wait to hear what you guys think of the Skinny. I like it a lot and drop tested it today on the concrete (accidentally of course) and it held up perfectly. The base is very sturdy when upright for viewing. See my notes on the previous page in case you missed it with the merged threads.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroppy View Post
Go for the pixelskin hd wrap thats what im getting in my oPinion is the most useful of the lot
Although it looks nice and I was considering it, it doesn't have the magnets for the smart waking, says it stays closed with "microsuction", and that triangle fold design is not the sturdiest for upright viewing. Things to consider.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

I'm still going naked except for the smart cover..so far so good no scratches.
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
Ordered mine last night. Unfortunately it won't ship 'til the 20th. I'll be sure to post pictures and a review once I get it.

Also, for future orderers, If you enter the discount code "AUG1Q59" when ordering the STM Skinny from Radtech you'll get a 20% discount.
Awesome...I just got notification that my order has shipped from Missouri a full week ahead of schedule.

Why do I get so excited over such things?!

I may create a video review to post here.
QUOTE Thanks
PirateGal

PirateGal is on a distinguished road

I just received my iPad 2, and I'm trying to decide which case to get that will work along with the Smart Cover. I'm trying to decide between these cases:

1. X Gear Smart Cover Enhancer
2. AviiQ Smart Case
3. Enki Genius Case

Is anyone using any of these cases? All suggestions, recommendations and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

I just ordered a red TPU (Silicone) back that is supposed to work with my smart cover this week from ebay for just under ten bucks. Will post results of fit/finish after I get it. Of course it is coming from China.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

By the way, welcome to the forum PirateGal! A wealth of information is here to be learned if you want.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am crazy to get a 1st gen iPad Mini? | iPad Time Zone »