New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Just found this and looks very good for those who like the smartcover and want back support.

PixelSkin HD Wrap Case for iPad 2 | iPad 2 Case | iPad Cases | iPad Cover

You even get black color without paying for stupid overpriced leather!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Saw this and it has me thinking of scrapping my old plans of smartcover/Zagg/slip case and just going with this instead.

PixelSkin HD Wrap Case for iPad 2 | iPad 2 Case | iPad Cases | iPad Cover
Yep, that one looks cool. I've been on the notify me list for a week or two now. I just wish they'd hurry up!
QUOTE Thanks
MacbPro

MacbPro is on a distinguished road

I jsut got my incipio feather from amazon today. Its perfect and can partically works with the smart case. very slim and provides perfect back protection. Its only 23.99 good deal man!!!

I love the incipio feather case for iPad 2. My #1 choice!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacbPro

MacbPro is on a distinguished road

Just received my incipio feather case for my new iPad 2 from amazon. I LOVE IT!!!

Even though its so slim and does not add any weight to my 64GB WIFI, but it is suprisingly tough. I was worry the thin part at the upper right hand corner will easily break and try to press it. WOOOO... amazing... it is so tough and flexible!!! The case is almost like unbreakable!!!

Its a perfect companion for my smart case also even though its not completely compartible with the smart case. It provides a perfect back protection.

In general, I LOVE IT!!!

To make it even better, I got it for only $23.99.... man cant complain!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Amazon confused me that the case was not available now. But actually another amazon seller can ship the case right away at a bargin price!!!

Last edited by MacbPro; 03-30-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: changes
QUOTE Thanks
Dannyar

Dannyar is an unknown at this point

Check out my review of the new zoogue ipad 2 case, just recieved my review sample and am really impressed. As an owner of the first 2 revisions of the zoogue case, it really doesnt dissapoint.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacbPro View Post
Just received my incipio feather case for my new iPad 2 from amazon. I LOVE IT!!!

Even though its so slim and does not add any weight to my 64GB WIFI, but it is suprisingly tough. I was worry the thin part at the upper right hand corner will easily break and try to press it. WOOOO... amazing... it is so tough and flexible!!! The case is almost like unbreakable!!!

Its a perfect companion for my smart case also even though its not completely compartible with the smart case. It provides a perfect back protection.
What do you mean about it not being completely compatible with the smart cover?
QUOTE Thanks
Senator48

Senator48 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Company representative? I'll take a free sample and post reviews
No, just thought that I would let people know that these were available. I know that some members like the PS USA protectors.

MacBook Pro 13.3", 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD
32GB iPod Touch 4th Gen
32GB White iPad 2 Wi-Fi
QUOTE Thanks
Gary86

Gary86 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early 2010 13" MBP; Late 2010 13" MBA

I use the Smart Cover and BodyGuarz for the front and back.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

I use the smart cover and zagging from and back I have also post pics of it here

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

I bought the Apple Smart Cover (Orange, Polyurethane) and it really is quite a neat little product, in terms of design at least.

It doesn't 'clean my screen', it doesn't 'remove finger prints' but it does offer some protection the the front as well combine to make a pretty super little stand.

I've noted that in less than a week of being used in coffee stores and placed in my bag, it is already changing colour, that is to say it's already picking up dirt. It looks like my old white MacBook where I had to regularly clean it, these alu-MacBooks (this post, right now, is probably the first time I've used my MacBook for simple web activities since buying the iPad and that's only because I needed to remotely connect to the office and we don't currently have a tool in place to allow me to use my iPad) seem to 'stay clean' or perhaps 'hide the dirt' way better than my first macbook ever did.

But the biggest problem, by far with these smart covers is that they only show love for one side of my iPad!!

I am planning to buy some kind of skin/wrap for the back of my iPad in order to give the back a little protection from scratching etc. I just need to slow down on my out-goings at the moment or I'm going to get a smack around the head if I buy anything else for me I think...
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

This is a good thread...ya think we could just rename this one the "Official iPad 2 Cases" thread so everyone will see the thread title and know where to post their suggestions and reviews?

I'm trying to find a good case for mine. I want something like the original Apple iPad case that works like a folder, but I'm also not wanting to spend a whole heck of a lot (would prefer not to spend more than $30...but I understand I will also sacrifice quality at lower prices). There are a few good ones in this thread...any others?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
This is a good thread...ya think we could just rename this one the "Official iPad 2 Cases" thread so everyone will see the thread title and know where to post their suggestions and reviews?

There already is one, stickied right at the top of this very forum and titled:

iPad 2 Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Come to think of it, how about we just merge this one with the existing sticky.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

^^ Yeah, they don't really clean the screen unless you pull it off and rub it back and forth by hand, which doesn't work well, but takes care of cleaning when you don't have anything else.

You should check out the pixelskin HD wrap I posted a link for above. It has the smartcover-like front plus back protection.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
There already is one, stickied right at the top of this very forum and titled:

iPad 2 Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors
D'oh!

I've trained myself to simply not see pinned threads on any forum. It's almost like they don't exist...I may need to see a message board therapist to fix this.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

I have been looking for a grip type back to go on my iPad 2 that will work with the smart cover. I found one on Marware's website. It is the MicroShell iPad 2 case. Says it is made of polycarbonate and is a flexible one-piece design that snaps easily on ipad 2. Comes in 5 colours. I tried to order online but it says they are on backorder. I phoned Marware and they told me that they will be shipping them the end of April and for those that care, yes they do ship to Canada.

I don't know how yet to post pics here but here's the link instead:

MicroShell iPad 2 case

Anyone had any Marware products before? Comments? Quality?

Thanks,
Cathy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am crazy to get a 1st gen iPad Mini? | iPad Time Zone »