New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Instead of a permanent case to house my iPad 2 in, I would rather get some kind of nice slim case I could slip it in and out of so I have something protective to keep it in but don’t have to hold the iPad+case when I’m using it. I saw the InCase sleeves, but they seem too bulky and made for the thicker iPad 1 anyway.

Any suggestions?

Maybe we could use an official iPad 2 Case thread sticky.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

RadSleevz Form-Fitting Sleeve Case for Apple iPad - Made from RadTech's exclusive Optex fabric - RadTech Products

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
[DT]

[DT] has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

Check out Incipio. Really terrific products and a huge range of options. The wife has a Feather on her iP4, and I also had one on my Atrix.

In fact, I just ordered (should be here today) an NGP Incipio. It provides a touch more coverage vs. the Feather.

Available in ~6 or so models, several colors, direct or I got mine via Amazon.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

I have a Targus neoprene case that fits an AirMac. It has a zipper at the top so the unit is totally protected inside. It also has a zippered section on the front to store things.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all

Radsleez looks exactly like what I had in mind. Thanks Schweb! I'm not too keen on the name, but as long as it provides basic scratch protection and some stealth when carrying it around, that's all I'm really looking for.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

So I checked them out, they actually have a pretty good looking case for the iPad 2: HERE

Have you had any experience with them Schweb? I am thinking of picking it up to replace my parent's Smart Cover.

Please, let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know much about that Case Mina, but I've been buying things from RadTech for some time now. Really good company to deal with.

QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaMACMan View Post
So I checked them out, they actually have a pretty good looking case for the iPad 2: HERE

Have you had any experience with them Schweb? I am thinking of picking it up to replace my parent's Smart Cover.

Please, let me know.
Thanks for posting that link. I think that's what I've been looking for. I just pre-ordered the black one. Hopefully it will ship in a couple of weeks.
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
I don't know much about that Case Mina, but I've been buying things from RadTech for some time now. Really good company to deal with.
Thanks Schweb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
Thanks for posting that link. I think that's what I've been looking for. I just pre-ordered the black one. Hopefully it will ship in a couple of weeks.
Anytime, let me know when you get
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

What about the soft sleeve from iballz they have a few more but I am getting this one iBallz - Original Universal Tablet Stabilizing and Shock Absorbing Harness
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitjetta View Post
What about the soft sleeve from iballz they have a few more but I am getting this one iBallz - Original Universal Tablet Stabilizing and Shock Absorbing Harness
Cases like that just seem to defeat the whole purpose of the iPad being as thing as it is. Why bother to buy a super thin tablet just to stick some huge case on it?

QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

Not to mention it is unsightly IMHO.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

For those that don't like the glossiness of the display, I'll recommend the RadTech ClearlCal anti-glare (also anti-oil) screen protector. It's not as scratch resistant as some of the others - have the 2nd one on my 1st gen iPad, but it's reduced the time I spent cleaning the screen by over 90%.

For those looking, they've cut the price on them for the 1st gen to $10.95 and you get 2 of them for that. Should probably order more myself before they run out.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
[DT]

[DT] has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Cases like that just seem to defeat the whole purpose of the iPad being as thing as it is. Why bother to buy a super thin tablet just to stick some huge case on it?
Yeah I realize the OP was asking about slip cases but that's why I recommended the Incipio products. Terrific coverage, little to no bulk increase *and* you can combine it with a slipcase (unless it's super tight).

This NGP case is slightly elastic so it perfectly conforms to the iPad, particularly the convex rear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
For those that don't like the glossiness of the display, I'll recommend the RadTech ClearlCal anti-glare (also anti-oil) screen protector. It's not as scratch resistant as some of the others - have the 2nd one on my 1st gen iPad, but it's reduced the time I spent cleaning the screen by over 90%.

For those looking, they've cut the price on them for the 1st gen to $10.95 and you get 2 of them for that. Should probably order more myself before they run out.
Do they seems to affect the resistance of the surface? That's been an issue for me with screen covers is your finger doesn't glide as well (like there's more resistance, ie, it's kind of sticky/tacky)
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post

These should work with the second gen since it's the same size, right?

I am thinking of going with Zagg for the "last line of defense" all around protection, but I really love the oleo-phobic nature of the bare glass that makes cleaning a breeze. I'm also curious about the finger-gliding resistance it may cause.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am crazy to get a 1st gen iPad Mini? | iPad Time Zone »