New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Smart Covers, Cases, Screen Protectors

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smithla

smithla is on a distinguished road

Just got an Ipad 2 and smart cover. Want to carry it with me plus a few other things like my Cannon G11 camera and a couple of small personal items. Was looking at the Kenneth Cole Ogio Day Bag because it is not large and looks nice. Anyone have any experience as to whether the stuff I listed would fit???

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
refined

refined is on a distinguished road

I found a great case for my ipad 2 on bbpbags.com. It was pretty cheap and there was lots of different colors to choose from. I would definitely recommend this case since it protects the front and back of the ipad. They also have a protective film for the screen for $3. You really can't go wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
TheSnugg

TheSnugg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by refined View Post
I found a great case for my ipad 2 on bbpbags.com. It was pretty cheap and there was lots of different colors to choose from. I would definitely recommend this case since it protects the front and back of the ipad. They also have a protective film for the screen for $3. You really can't go wrong.

Hows it holding up? My last case broke pretty quickly, I'm looking for something to last a little longer!
QUOTE Thanks
Skierxman

Skierxman will become famous soon enough

I just usually go for the aftermarket accessories and sales items. You can end up paying just as much for accessories as you do for the device, especially when it comes to Apple products.

Yesterday, I picked up a metal Ipad stand for $9.99. It gets the job done and is solid. It sure beats the $69.99 for the plastic stands on the shelf.

Some of the prices for Apple accessories are Insane. They sell a MagicBar for your MacBook that does nothing but prop up the back end. They want $69.99. You have got to be kidding me. Go to the hardware store, get a strip of 2 guage aluminum piping and some felt strips. Total cost -- $2.99.

The only accessory I paid for at cost was the third party magic cover.
QUOTE Thanks
Skierxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrryanguy View Post
Did you know that if you fold up the iPad smart cover into a triangle and pop it off, you can use the inside (grayish soft part) as a screen cleaner? Just like those little cloths you usually get with sunglasses! Also, did you know the magnet on the smart cover is strong enough to hold up your iPad? (I don't suggest doing this, but you can! (I saw the Apple guy at Best Buy do it))
The only thing I don't like about the smart cover is that the felt does not clean the screen--it leaves smudge bars on the screen. This is a design flaw that should be addressed.
QUOTE Thanks
TheSnugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierxman View Post
The only thing I don't like about the smart cover is that the felt does not clean the screen--it leaves smudge bars on the screen. This is a design flaw that should be addressed.
Hah, I've been using my sleeve. I feel like a bad owner now! I wonder if there actually is a specific screen wiping cloth that Apple have. (Even though I'd probably have to donate a kidney to buy it. So expensive).
QUOTE Thanks
Skierxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnugg View Post
Hah, I've been using my sleeve. I feel like a bad owner now! I wonder if there actually is a specific screen wiping cloth that Apple have. (Even though I'd probably have to donate a kidney to buy it. So expensive).
My Macbook came with a black chamois cloth screen wipe. Not sure why they don't do the same with the Ipad.

Just go into any dollar store and get a pack of chamois optical cloths for $1. Definately don't purchase from a computer or store. You will probably be charged $29.99 for a 4-inch cloth.
QUOTE Thanks
TheSnugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skierxman View Post
My Macbook came with a black chamois cloth screen wipe. Not sure why they don't do the same with the Ipad.

Just go into any dollar store and get a pack of chamois optical cloths for $1. Definately don't purchase from a computer or store. You will probably be charged $29.99 for a 4-inch cloth.

Oh good plan I can keep my kidney that way! Haha
QUOTE Thanks
ipadwhatnot

ipadwhatnot is on a distinguished road

It's a family of priducts that uses the case as an interface of sorts. Really cool.

Ergotech Versacase for iPad or Tablet - YouTube

Let me know what you think...
QUOTE Thanks
TheSnugg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadwhatnot View Post
It's a family of priducts that uses the case as an interface of sorts. Really cool.

Ergotech Versacase for iPad or Tablet - YouTube

Let me know what you think...
Looks very versatile (as we were told many times in the video!) but not sure its good for non-business types like myself. But certainly lots of good ideas for the workplace! Impressed.
QUOTE Thanks
BranGates

BranGates is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini(2011) 2.3ghz dual-core intel i5, 16GB wi-fi iPad 2, 8GB iPhone 4

I really like my speck fitfolio. I'm sure it's been covered here before. Even if/when the bungee cord becomes useless, it still has nice positions. Mine is a month old and the bungee cord shows no sign of wear yet.
QUOTE Thanks
pinkiwong

pinkiwong is on a distinguished road

The Speck products are pretty nice, someitmes overpriced though. have to catch them on sale.

Anybody know of any Ipad cases with integrated grips or handles?

Last edited by bobtomay; 11-09-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: merged back to back posts
QUOTE Thanks
theoak

theoak is on a distinguished road

My iPad Mini was in an inexpensive PU leather smart case, which I really liked, except that I felt my Mini needed more protection from my 4 year old grandson. So, I just bought this case:

http://www.case-mate.com/iPad-Mini-C...reme-Cases.asp

It fits snugly, and adds a little heft, and is comparable to the Otterbox Defender (I hope "meets or exceeds US military testing" is enough protection from my grandson) but in a few more colors. It does not have the solid cover over the screen, like the Defender, but it has the built-in screen protector film and is very responsive to touch. I really like the Emerald/Chartreuse color combination. Just thought I would share.

2007 13" white Macbook, 2 Ghz Core2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, Snow Leopard w/ 250 GB Samsung 840 SSD
32 GB WIFI iPad Mini
Panasonic CF-30, 4 GB RAM, Win7/Ubuntu12.04LTS, 180GB Intel SSD
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

STM makes a decent case. That's what I'm using right now.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

ClamCase® iPad Keyboard Cases & Stands

1) How easy does it go in/come out?
2) How much bulk or weight does it add (talking "feel", not specs).

I have the iPad 3 (first Retina) and like the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard. About to trade in for an iPad Mini Retina and looking for keyboard options. This case seems maybe a bit much (the Logitech is easy to disconnect and set aside if I wish)

Thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am crazy to get a 1st gen iPad Mini? | iPad Time Zone »