New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad rumor re: Japan Earthquake

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AUZambo

AUZambo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram

I've been calling around looking for an iPad at all the local retailers. When I called one of the Target stores the guy said, "We don't have any, and we won't for a while. This is for everyone else too. The earthquake in Japan has halted the production of components of the iPad so they'll be scarce for a while."

Have y'all heard anything about this? An Apple store employee told me that if we come and get in line tomorrow before they open we should be able to get one, so my wife is going to do that...but if that fails I'm trying to decide if I should just order one from Apple or if I should wait and keep trying to get one locally.

If production will continue as expected then I would imagine I could find one locally before I receive one from Apple...but if production has been halted I may go ahead and order one while I still can.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Moved to more appropriate forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post

Have y'all heard anything about this? An Apple store employee told me that if we come and get in line tomorrow before they open we should be able to get one, so my wife is going to do that...but if that fails I'm trying to decide if I should just order one from Apple or if I should wait and keep trying to get one locally.
Give this thread a read (link below)...it address's exactly what you're discussing:

Some Apple retail stores plan to open early Tuesday for iPad 2 sales

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
cpc12

cpc12 is on a distinguished road

I had to get to my local store @ 5 am. I was luck to even get one. Waiting till 8 am will never fly... GOOD LUCK !!!

I sold one on ebay for 400 more than I paid for it HE HE !!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how soon will the ipad become obsolete? | Some Radio Shack Stores Carrying iPad 2 »