New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Back protection for iPad2- plastic film

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

justinmg

justinmg is on a distinguished road

Just thinking about protection for the other side of the unit, as the smartcover seems fine for the front- only.
My daughter covers her school books with a ultra-durable type of cling film from the stationary store. Has anyone tried anything like this, or are there any commercial low profile alternatives?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

A really popular option is Zagg Invisible Shield, which is specifically designed for the iPad. It can start to lift at the edges and corners over time, but when it's new, it works well.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Or check out the Grove skins.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Or check out the Grove skins.
Pretty sure this groove skin is what I'm getting. I really want somthing that works with the smart cover. And I really like these better than the extremely odd feeling zag skins

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

While you are waiting for your protection to arrive, do what I did with my iPhone 4 before my Invisible Shield arrived. I just used kitchen plastic wrap, like Saran or whatever brand you use. The clingy one worked best as it stuck on there and no one noticed it unless I pointed it out to them. It kept it free from scratches and fingerprints and was very inexpensive!
QUOTE Thanks
prrs4me

prrs4me is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML

But isn't the Zagg only for the wi-fi model. Not for the 3G?
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I just placed an order for a pretty cool ( IMO ) skin for my iPad 2 made out of 3M product.

Skins for iPad 2 | GelaSkins

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
GNR

GNR is on a distinguished road

Weird. People have a $3000 laptop and the only cover/protection is in case used for transporation not during use. But for $200-$900 items we freak over cases for use?

These are beautiful items. Cases remind me of the 50's and 60's when people put ugly plastic covers on good looking furniture.

I think the whole concept of the smart cover was that covers were destroying look and feel of iPads.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I get an iPad? | talk me into buying a first gen instead of waiting »