New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

adobe to make nice with apple--what does this mean for ipad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

samnc

samnc is on a distinguished road

apparently, adobe will be doing something to code internet flash to make it work on apple's systems, or there will be some kind of alternative plug in that works with apple---can anyone here shed some light on this?

What does this mean practically speaking for ipad 1 users? Does anyone here know how the work around works?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnc View Post
What does this mean practically speaking for ipad 1 users? Does anyone here know how the work around works?
Whatever it eventually is or will be...it will be compatible with iPad 1's. If something becomes available...it will be a software update.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

If flash did eventually come to Apple iOS products, that would be one less thing [of the already dwindled list] of things Android can supposedly do better.

I assume if it's something Apple allows, you can only assume that it will be of a high standard.

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
samnc

samnc is on a distinguished road

yes, but I want to know if the flash should work automatically, or if a third program is needed to make it compatable--perhaps the story isnt as well known as I assumed.
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

Well only time will tell. Baby steps, Adobe, bay steps.

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
If flash did eventually come to Apple iOS products,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnc View Post
yes, but I want to know if the flash should work automatically, or if a third program is needed to make it compatable--perhaps the story isnt as well known as I assumed.

Flash isn't coming to Apple IOS devices - Adobe is just releasing a tool that will make it easier for developers to convert flash to HTML 5. Wallaby | Adobe Flash FLA to HTML - Adobe Labs
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Flash isn't coming to Apple devices - Adobe is just releasing a tool that will make it easier for developers to convert flash to HTML 5. Wallaby | Adobe Flash FLA to HTML - Adobe Labs
Lol.. which is by all accounts IMESHO, admitting failure and defeat, and looking towards the inevitable day when FLASH will cease to exist as it does today. See now this, I do not mind. If it helps us all get to a point where we don't have to rely on third party plug ins, and open standards will be pushed more, then that's awesome.

I only hope that this tool they're releasing isn't going to be some kind of automated thing which makes these devs lazy to the point of where they don't check their code to make sure it will play well.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

There are already flash solustions out there if you want it. Some browser apps offer server-side flash conversion so the flash on a website appears in your browser just like it would if your iPad was doing the work, but it's better since your system isn't doing the work and suffering the resource losses. I can't remember the name offhand, but a quick Google search should find them. It'll be one of the first apps I load onto my iPad just for Hulu viewing.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
brairden

brairden has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I can't remember the name offhand, but a quick Google search should find them. It'll be one of the first apps I load onto my iPad just for Hulu viewing.
The app is skyfire...and the video it renders is pretty awful. Very choppy even with a fast connection. Almost unwatchable.

15" 2.53ghz i5 MacBook Pro (2010) 8gb, 500gb HD - 60gb OWC SSD
13" 2.4ghz MacBook Unibody (late 2008) 4gb, 250gb
24" 2.4ghz Aluminum iMac (mid 2007) 3gb, 1tb
mini 2.0ghz - 32gb iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Yup skyfire sucks. When it does work it's not very well. Btw Hulu doesnt work with skyfire

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Another is CloudBrowse. It does ok on some. But, you're not going to get hulu on it as the proxy is not in the U.S.

Bottomline, you want hulu on the iPad, as far as I know, you're going to have to belly up to the bar with huluplus.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

I would have no problem with hulu+ but if you look at what's available for mobile devices and tvs it's pretty limited.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I downloaded Wallaby and some sample Flash files from Adobe's website and they didn't seem to convert. The error I initially got was "FLA File Version Not Supported." I did some research and found that as of right now, it only supports Flash CS5 files. So, I downloaded some Flash CS5 sample files from Adobe's website and those didn't work either. I got the same errors as before which was frustrating. If I ever get it to work, I'll report back about what it's like.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Went to the Apple Store. Still Undecided. | Screen protector for iPad 2 »