New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 2 not charging via usb hub

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MQAAord

MQAAord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this before or not, but noticed a minor hiccup with the iPad 2's charging.

I plugged my iPad 2 directly into a USB port on my MBP, and it charged up no problem. My husband plugged his into a USB hub that he has plugged into a port on his iMac and his iPad 2 displayed "Not Charging". I googled the problem, and noticed a LOT of people had the same thing. So he plugged the USB charging cord directly into a USB port on his iMac (not using the hub) and then it DID show that it was charging.

So if anyone else sees their iPad 2 not charging, don't panic, try plugging it directly into the computer's USB port and not using a hub. (Or just plugging it into a wall outlet, which is how I will normally charge mine, and how I usually charge my iPod.)
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

This was a "problem" since the iPad 1. The iPad takes 10W to charge up properly. It will charge up with any new Mac - but sometimes slower than the 10W charger it comes with. Anything else will still charge it but it has to be off and it takes a long time. Unfortunately I sync to an old PC - so the iPad has to be fully charged before I start syncing. It won't charge while syncing but when it is done it will charge it up as everything is off.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

iPad charging FAQ

60% of the time it works every time.
QUOTE Thanks
MQAAord

MQAAord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
Saw that after I posted...

Was a bit too enthusiastic in my desire to help! Sorry!
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Lol no reason to be sorry. Thanks for trying to help everyone!

60% of the time it works every time.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CCTV on Ipad 2? | Need to change computer ipad syncs too »