Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingerprints!

Specs:
    iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
    Fingerprints!
    UGH! I have spent more time wiping fingerprints off my new iPad than I have playing with it. When screen protectors for the iPad2 come out, will that help resolve the fingerprint issue?

Did u get the smart cover?
    60% of the time it works every time.

Specs:
    iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
    Initially, I was planning on buying the smart cover. However, I decided to hold out on buying one until I find a suitable case. Several of the cases I've seen previewed from 3rd party companies do not seem to be compatible with the smart cover.

I was just wondering because that's one of the things they boast is keeping the screen clean
    60% of the time it works every time.

The smart cover keeps the screen pretty clean. I haven't had to use a wipe or anything on the screen yet.
    -13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini

Specs:
    MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
    I have to agree with the above... I've had my smart cover on my iPad 2 since day one and it definitely helps. I still have to wipe it down, but it's not half as bad as the iPad 1.

I have iPad 1for over a year. Being a touch device fingerprints are a feature not a bug.

The screen is designed so you do not notice fingerprints in most in door lighting WHEN the unit is on. I rarely wipe my screen and it is fine.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by GNR View Post
    I have iPad 1for over a year. Being a touch device fingerprints are a feature not a bug.

The screen is designed so you do not notice fingerprints in most in door lighting WHEN the unit is on. I rarely wipe my screen and it is fine.
    Took the words right out of my mouth! Par for the course.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    I think that usage of skin softeners and hand lotions might also play into the equation. I don't use them and rarely do fingerprints get to be an annoyance. When they do a quick wipe with a handkerchief and they are gone.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

I'm a big fan of the powersupport anti-glare products. I have them on all my apple gadgets (iphones, ipod, ipad and macbooks). They can be a little difficult to put on, but once they are on, they stay on for a long time. And I rarely have to wipe finger prints off. Looks like they are working on something for the iPad 2.

HD Anti-Glare Film - iPad 2 - Shop | Power Support USA

Um, yeah, it's a touchscreen. If your fingers are oily, you'll have fingerprints. A cover will only help keep away the fingerprints from carrying it, not using it. If it really bugs you, maybe you should try something like a Colcasac sleeve that basically does a little wipe for you every time you take it out an put it into the sleeve.

Specs:
    27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1
    This may sound funny, but I've found that ordinary toilet paper does a much better job of quickly and completely removing fingerprints from my iPad, iPhone, and mac screens.

Specs:
    25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
    Put on a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector when they come out and you'll never notice them again....I made the mistake of putting on a SGP crystal clear on my iPhone 4 and the fingerprints drive me crazy too
     24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
     2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
     iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
     iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    I do occasionally wipe off the fingerprints on my iPad every week or so. But you never really notice the fingerprints, until the device is off. But when it's off, it shouldn't matter too much.

Anyways, if you really want to reduce the fingerprints, consider a stylus. Stylus is also great for gaming as well, sometimes.

The anti-glare screen protectors are great, however if you go with a regular screen protector you will get more fingerprints that using nothing. Apple uses some kind of coating that resists fingerprints and I'd say it works (when comparing to using a clear screen protector). I use a clear protector on my iPhone 4 and the finger prints are FAR worse than using nothing. I'd use a anti glare, but that takes away from then super crispness of the Retna display. With the iPad I'm gonna stick with the Smart Cover and no screen protector.
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
     iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
     iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB

Thread Information