New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 2 review?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Anyone want to review there new toy for those of us that just ordered online? I'm dying to hear about it. And altho I am sure it does a confermation that it has 512mb of ram would be awsome.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

You can read this while you wait for members here to chime in

Review: The iPad 2 Review | Tablets | Macworld

ipad2_videoreview
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

I never really used one prior to today, so a comparison I can't make. That being said.....I Love It! I spent about an hour going through it and downloading some apps. I'll end up setting it up close to the way my phone is, as far as apps, shortcuts & bookmarks go. After using my iPhone 4 I do however wish it had a little better resolution, but it's not that big of a deal.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
Anyone want to review there new toy for those of us that just ordered online? I'm dying to hear about it. And altho I am sure it does a confermation that it has 512mb of ram would be awsome.
Engadget just posted an article about the iFixit tear down, they did confirm the 512mb of RAM.

And from personal use, I can tell you it's blazingly fast.

M
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Man am I jealous.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

I completely understand your jealousy.
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

Tell us what you think about you're new iPad 2 here!

Did you have the original iPad? How do they compare?

How long did you have to wait in line/how far into the line were you/which model did you get

I am sooo excited to finally have it! In my own opinion, this iPad blows the original iPad out of the water. To me, it's just so much more comfortable to hold and its sooo fast! Noticeably fast!

I went to Columbus, Ohio (about 2 hours away) and I got there at 12:30pm and was about the 15th person in line. By the time 5 rolled around there was probably close to 200 people if not more in line!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm excited I made the decision to go there and wait for a few hours

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged duplicate threads.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

I was 1st on line at Target, got there at 11:00am. They had 5 64GB Wi-Fi's, and person #5 showed up at 4:44pm, lol.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfmik View Post
I was 1st on line at Target, got there at 11:00am. They had 5 64GB Wi-Fi's, and person #5 showed up at 4:44pm, lol.
That must have been pretty boring waiting at Target for 6 hours with only 4 other folks in line! Kinda run out of conversation real fast.

Are you saying your Target ONLY had 5 64gig WiFi's...or did they have other models as well?

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

That's the first time I have ever waited in line for everything and now I see why it is so important to be early!

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

seems like the target near me only had 5 as well...but by the time i got out of work there were already5 in line

and my apple store had about 600 people in line by the time my shift was done so i ordered it on line

32 gb wifi in black..can't wait!!
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
That must have been pretty boring waiting at Target for 6 hours with only 4 other folks in line! Kinda run out of conversation real fast.

Are you saying your Target ONLY had 5 64gig WiFi's...or did they have other models as well?

Thanks,

- Nick
Actually 2 managers & the electronics associate were BS'in with us the whole time and surprisingly the time flew by. And yes that particular Target only had 5 64GB units, NO others at all. Only 3 Targets in the Tampa area had any at all so I considered myself lucky. Back on the "review" subject, I am VERY impressed with the battery life. I used it for about an hour an a half last night, and my kids have literally been on it ALL day today. They are watching a Netflix movie so it only has a few % left, but man that's a great battery.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

So I posted earlier about how great the battery is. Well it's been charging for 5 hours now and it's only at 70%. Is it normal to take so long? My iPhone charges really fast and even my MacBook Pro charges faster than that.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.j.c. View Post
seems like the target near me only had 5 as well...but by the time i got out of work there were already5 in line

and my apple store had about 600 people in line by the time my shift was done so i ordered it on line

32 gb wifi in black..can't wait!!
Yep, my local Target only had 5 as well. But I showed up after the 5p launch, so I wasn't expecting to see them there anyways.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Some Radio Shack Stores Carrying iPad 2 | Itune won't save backup to my Window 7 Computer? »