New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad2 Inventory status?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Just wondering if there's any way to find out about inventory stats at stores, or people are hearing whether or not stores sold out.

I'm in the Fort Lauderdale/Boca Raton area if anyone knows about stores in that area.

Thanks.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I'm thinking the best way to find out is to call the individual store of interest. Hopefully the person you would talk to is knowledgeable...and at this point maybe you would get 1 of 3 answers:

1. We're out & don't expect more anytime soon...better to order online.
2. We have plenty...come & get it!
3. We're out of some models & low on the models we have.

Of course it would be easier if someone was actually at the individual store of interest...and actually saw in person how many that store has on hand. But then again...1 hour could mean the difference between "having plenty" & "having none".

Hope you get lucky if you're looking to get one this weekend!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

I was at best buy, when all said and done there were about 100 people in line. Everyone got to walk away with a new shiney iPad 2 (yay me) they ran out by the time we were leaving.

I had heard that the Apple stores are slated (see what I did there) to get more on the weekend.

Posted from my shiny iPad 2
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

No, every time you say "see what I did there" I don't.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 will become famous soon enough

My friend was at the Apple store (Cincinnati) and said there were 600 people in line in front of him, that they ran out and were kind enough to tell those too far back about it. They did give him the option to order one online with the 2-3 week shipping date.

I really wanted one too but opted to buy a 1st gen refurb for now.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I am not surprised more people showed up to purchase the second one and they probably thought they would sell the same or less.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« First post from iPad 2 | iPad 2's on Craig's List Already! »