Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    iMac, MacBook, IPad 2 , IPhone 4
    What time will the lines start?
    At Best Buy or the Apple store? Anyone in line yet? Or not a big deal this time?

EricE

Just got off the phone with my local Apple store, asked about line and supply. He said yes, already a line, as of 11am there were already 20 people in line (don't know current) and that they did not know what their inventory was--it's still unknown to the employees (except the manager I assume).

So it looks like I might be out of luck today.

My local Target has five 64GB Wi-Fi's in the back.
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
     MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
     iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
     iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    As of 8AM Arizona time, no one was in line at the Apple Store next to where my wife works. I dropped her off today in hopes of catching some photos of people in line but none. I was going to drive back by at noon and a little before 4pm when I have to pick her up but I'm having car troubles so better not risk driving more than necessary today.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    As of 8AM Arizona time, no one was in line at the Apple Store next to where my wife works. I dropped her off today in hopes of catching some photos of people in line but none. I was going to drive back by at noon and a little before 4pm when I have to pick her up but I'm having car troubles so better not risk driving more than necessary today.
    Hope things work out with the car.

BTW Whatever happened with the guy camping out in Texas?
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    I was going to drive back by at noon and a little before 4pm when I have to pick her up but I'm having car troubles so better not risk driving more than necessary today.
    Bring your car over to my place...I'll get it running happy!

Thanks for the "on the spot" reporting. I'm going to guess...that at 4pm Arizona time (6pm EST)...there will be no line...since that will be 1 hour after the 5pm EST iPad launch.

Unless your Apple Store has a heck of a lot of iPad 2's in inventory...and a VERY long line...or VERY SLOW Apple employees!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

At the Apple store in Greensboro, NC. Probably 150 in line. Genius says they didn't get as many AT&T models. But they're polling the line and haven't started turning people away yet.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
    At the Apple store in Greensboro, NC. Probably 150 in line. Genius says they didn't get as many AT&T models. But they're polling the line and haven't started turning people away yet.
    That's a pretty big line!

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Bring your car over to my place...I'll get it running happy!

Unless your Apple Store has a heck of a lot of iPad 2's in inventory...and a VERY long line...or VERY SLOW Apple employees!

- Nick
    Thanks for the offer. It's either something in the fuel line or ignition. Gave me trouble starting, waited 15 minutes then it started just fine. Taking it in tomorrow AM to find out specific problem.

1PM: Target said they had "some" and might get "more" later today. No line, didn't expect a line, but a lot of people had called already.
    2PM: Best Buy has "Quite a few" in stock (wouldn't say how many). No line, they are expecting a line.

I didn't bother calling Wal-Mart. I'm sure they're about the same as Target. It's funny that I'm not even getting an iPad 2 because those 3 stores are all within 2 miles of my house. Heck, I walked to Target today (1 mile) and Wal-Mart is only another mile beyond that.

Engadget has a list with photos of people lined up around the country. iPad 2 line watch: the few, the proud, the soaking wet -- Engadget

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Thanks for the offer. It's either something in the fuel line or ignition. Gave me trouble starting, waited 15 minutes then it started just fine. Taking it in tomorrow AM to find out specific problem.
    Good luck with the car...don't let them rip you off!

It's funny that I'm not even getting an iPad 2 because those 3 stores are all within 2 miles of my house. Heck, I walked to Target today (1 mile) and Wal-Mart is only another mile beyond that.
    I'm probably gonna get one...but not right away...I can wait. I still find it fun to following the excitement...and possible "zaniness" (person pitching a tent)...around the launch of new Apple products (iPhone & iPad). Don't usually get this with devices like new computer models.

It will be interesting to read more iPad 2 internet "professional" reviews...and reviews from Mac-Forums members (maybe more useful).

Thanks for the link.

- Nick

Specs:
    iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
    Its about 230p local time. I'm. 3rd in line at my university's bookstore. When I drove by Best Buy around noon there were over 40 people easy waiting in line outside.

Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    That's a pretty big line!

- Nick
    It's probably 75 longer now, but the employees went inside and quit polling, so I think some people are going to wait for nothing.

Specs:
    15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
    No line at all
    Apple opened mail sales at 4:00 AM EST. I placed my order at 5:00 AM and received my email shipping confirmation at 5:24 AM.

That was easy.

Specs:
    MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
    So for those going to best buy.

I just called a couple of best buys and t hey said that only the stores that have an apple reseller inside with carry the 3G models, all other stores will carry wifi only.

And my local best buy doesn't have any lines yet, but some others have up to 6 people.

Specs:
    3:30PM Scottsdale Quarter Apple Store, Scottsdale, AZ. At least 200 people in line. Apple gave umbrellas (free? or loaners?) to those on the sunny side of the building.

Front of store.

Turning the corner, the line begins.

Turning the corner again, the line continues.

The line is still going...

Final shot standing at the end of the line, looking back.

Thread Information