New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

iPad Smart Cover *Poll*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

What color iPad Smart Cover are you going to buy? You can choose more than one. I think I will purchase two colors in the (Polyurethane).

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Black for mine, powder blue for the parents.

Maybe you should clue us in to your choice too... You know since your started the poll and all
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

Now that I have once again (and finally) decided to go for the iPad 2, I decided I would really like to get a green polyurethane smart cover. Still trying to decide on other accessories.
QUOTE Thanks
Leiyah

Leiyah is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD

Pink Polyurethane here. I'm kinda girly!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Black cause it goes with everything.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

IF I buy one, it will be black. I've got a folio case with mine right now and I'm inclined to go that route again, although I really do like the concept of the Zaggmate w/keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

black or grey
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Black leather if I got one, but as neat as I think they are, probably won't. I've dropped my first gen iPad several times and the leather folio case I have has done a pretty good job of protecting it.
Don't see that same level of protection from this new case. Too bad because I think it is a great idea!

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Frustrated that Apple has only released pastel colors and gray in the cheaper polyurethane covers. I'm definitely not paying the significant premium for the leather one. If I get one it would only be gray, but I don't even like that very much, so I'll probably just wait for some nice slim third party cases.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Black leather if I got one, but as neat as I think they are, probably won't. I've dropped my first gen iPad several times and the leather folio case I have has done a pretty good job of protecting it.
Don't see that same level of protection from this new case. Too bad because I think it is a great idea!
+1. As cool as they are, I don't think they offer enough protection.
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough

My only concern with the "Smart Covers" is that for being so "Smart" they leave the iPad's Aluminum back wide open for scratching!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaMACMan View Post
My only concern with the "Smart Covers" is that for being so "Smart" they leave the iPad's Aluminum back wide open for scratching!
That's because it's not a case, it's just a screen cover.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
That's because it's not a case, it's just a screen cover.
Captain Obvious strikes again

I realize it is just a screen cover, but at this point it is the only thing available. Not much of a selection. Oh well, I still like the functionality and it will work for me till some new cases come out.
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

So even though it would cover the rear-facing camera (which I honest don't see myself using that much anyway), and though the unit is thinner, any thoughts on whether the new iPad will fit in my current Griffin Elan Passport Folio case?
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

Hey MODS: Can I change my poll choice from a green poly to a red leather? If not c'est la vie!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad2 Teardown | Buying a used iPad... how necessary is a receipt? »