Specs:
    2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
    iPad release questions?
    I had gotten the original iPad back the minute it was ready to pre-order, but I had bought it online, and I had gotten the wifi only model.

Anyways I have a few questions I'd like to get answered if possible. I'm buying a white 32GB wifi model and a black 64gb wifi+3G model.

Here are my questions:

1) For the 3G model last year, did att offer an unlimited data plan? If you have it, how much data on average do you use a month? Do you think Verizon will offer an unlimited data plan with the iPad 2?

2) My closest apple store is just a little over 2 hours away (Columbus, Ohio)...what should I expect in terms of a line, generally speaking? If i arrive right at 5, is there a good chance to get what I want, or should I arrive earlier? how much?

3) Do they have a "one per person" limit? Because my girlfriend can't make the drive with me because of work for her, so can I buy two or do I need to bring a friend?
    Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    1. I'd probably bet on there being no unlimited plan.
    2. Hard to tell. Maybe a little early. It's just so hard to tell. Maybe purchasing it online to avoid the queue.
    3. If she purchases it online then you don't have to worry is there is a 1 person limit.

When I 1st bought my iPad, I signed up for the $25 2gb plan. I used less than 200mb for the 1st 2 months. Then switched to the $15 250mb plan. I hit that ceiling 1 month, a day before the end of my billing period.

That being said, my 3g use tends to be email and basic web surfing only, no long-term use. I would say I average about 200mb/mo.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    I guess it depends on your usage but I've only exceeded my monthly usage plan once - and that was because I was on vacation and the WLAN connection was next to non-existent. 3G is too slow to be my primary mode of connection to the internet - but it's very handy to have for occasional use. Things like checking e-mails when not in WLAN range, using the GPS with yahoo maps, etc.

Specs:
    See I wan't to use the GPS, stream pandora in the car, and much much more! I would honestly be considered a "data hog" i guess. But I mean, who wants to try to limit themselves on data? Thats no fun.

Hopefully Verizon will offer it once since at&t did?

Also, I want the iPad 2 on day one asap though lol so I'm kinda stuck going to the Apple store.

There is a rumor out there that walmart and best buy will have them on the 11th as well if one of those is closer.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
    There is a rumor out there that walmart and best buy will have them on the 11th as well if one of those is closer.
    More than a rumor, they've announced that they will. Now how many they might have, is anyone's guess.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    More than a rumor, they've announced that they will. Now how many they might have, is anyone's guess.
    Nice to hear that it's confirmed! Did the announcement say what time they would sell them at walmart? That is my only option in Kenai Alaska
    60% of the time it works every time.

Specs:
    Problem is I have a 500$ Apple gift card...

Unless any of you wants to buy it from me?

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope43 View Post
    See I wan't to use the GPS, stream pandora in the car, and much much more!
    Remind me never to ride with you in the car! Can you say "distracted"?
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
    I'd suggest calling the Cbus store and asking them the specifics so you can be sure of the answers. Best Buy's website has them announced as being available on 3/11. When the 4thG Touch came out there was a pretty big line at my local Best Buy 3 hours before they opened.

If you have the Best Buy rewards program, I'd suggest getting it there (unless you have other objections) since the dollar amount spent would contribute towards cash back. I don't think Apple stores have a rewards program, do they?

Specs:
    I have a 500$ Apple gift card is the problem. Yes I am a premium best buy rewards member (whatever the top tier is) but I can't use my Apple gift card there lol

Thread Information