New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 2 Announced

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Thinner, same 10 hr battery life, HDMI 1080p video out, camera(s), dual-core A5 chip, same pricing as the first iPad, and more.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'm excited to see what iOS 4.3 and iOS 5 have to offer

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Leiyah

Leiyah is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD

... available in white or black, same pricing, and shipping March 11th!
QUOTE Thanks
smith7391

smith7391 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5

No USB ports I assume...
QUOTE Thanks
Leiyah

Mac Specs: iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD

No, there doesn't appear to be any USB ports.

They have announced the addition of iTunes home sharing and iMovie.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Steve Jobs
Quote:
"It's awesome. 1.3 lbs... it blows my mind, this stuff."
I love his passion for all things 

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

I'll be pre-ordering a white 32GB!

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Oh so tempting, but funds do not allow....

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Is it just me or does white not suit the iPad? It looks considerably better in black.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Leiyah

I agree. I do not think white looks that great, IMHO.

I'm new to Apple product launches. Do they allow pre-ordering? (Assuming so) If I pre-order one will that guarantee there will be one held with my name on it at the local Apple store on release date? How does pre-ordering work? TIA.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Is it just me or does white not suit the iPad? It looks considerably better in black.
Not just you Van. I have to agree, then again i never liked it on the iP either . . . . On the iPad there is just too much white and seems to take me away from the screen . . . .

I can see the haters coming out now too lol

***I want a smart guitar***

Quote:
I'm new to Apple product launches. Do they allow pre-ordering? (Assuming so) If I pre-order one will that guarantee there will be one held with my name on it at the local Apple store on release date? How does pre-ordering work? TIA.
You can pre-order via the store to pick it up there. If you order online then its a courier job and they usually like to get them too you before the local store opens. If you order online you can have it delivered to work, home or arrange to pick up from the courier depot

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen is on a distinguished road

Any news on the rear camera resolution? I assume the front facing will be 1.3 or 2 MP

Is it a direct HDMI out, or will I still have to use a dock? (for example: My kodak camcorder has a mini hdmi direct out).
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I like the white iPad. I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like in-person.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylentgreen View Post
Any news on the rear camera resolution? I assume the front facing will be 1.3 or 2 MP

Is it a direct HDMI out, or will I still have to use a dock? (for example: My kodak camcorder has a mini hdmi direct out).
Tech Specs page: Apple - iPad - View the technical specifications for iPad.

Quote:
Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording
Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
Tap to control exposure for video or stills
Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
I like the white iPad. I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like in-person.
I second this. I really like the look of the white ipad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 2 with 3G | What accessories are you planning to get for your iPad? »