New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Need immediate help on purchase.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

I'm standing in walmart right now trying to decided on which on please help!
Basicly how big should I get how many movies can they hold ECT
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I've got the 64GB and have yet to put 16GB worth of stuff on it.

I only put about 1,000 songs, maybe 6-8 hours of SD video at a time, have about 100 ebooks, a few audio books at a time, maybe 30-50 magazines and maybe 300-400 pics - have about 70 apps on it right now.

If you manage it - 16GB can work - if you don't want to have to worry about managing your content and just stick stuff on there - spend more.

I was probably too late - money burning a hole all of a sudden?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

Lol yup was scorching my leg! I ended up getting the standard 32 gig version since we don't have 3G here I didn't really see a need for it. You told me exactly what I wanted to hear seemed 64 gig was pretty big. My wife wants on to and I know she will only browse and such with it so if I want bigger or 3G I'll give her this one. Did u get the apple care for yours? Also does a apple bt keyboard work with this thing?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have not gotten Apple Care yet (I am not a fan of extended warranties), but I will before the year is up. Primarily, just because it is a 1st gen device and because I'm not sure if I'll upgrade to gen 2 at this point.

QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

Hey thanks for your replies. I mostly got this because I use my MacBook to watch tv on and use my iPhone to search the web both at the same time that is. This is nice man I can see everything without having to enlarge.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

The 32g worked for me and the wife still have 16g of free space and I feel its loaded up
so the only thing I don't have on it is movies.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

I put a movie on here already actually lol. I used a app called air video which is awesome it converts avi to a format I can use on the pad. Check it out. One question though is if I have purchased a app for my iPhone can I put it on the pad for no charge?
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

I have now read I can use my bt keyboard with my pad so I'm gonna try that out. One more question I had is at walmart the AppleCare was 100 bucks but on eBay they run 55 has anyone bought one off eBay? Should I be leery of this? They say nib.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
I have now read I can use my bt keyboard with my pad so I'm gonna try that out. One more question I had is at walmart the AppleCare was 100 bucks but on eBay they run 55 has anyone bought one off eBay? Should I be leery of this? They say nib.
There a several threads on this, do a search and then make your choice. But, IMO I wouldn't do it. On the other hand I have bought several packages from Amazon at a substantial discount and would not hesitate to do it again.

Quote:
I put a movie on here already actually lol. I used a app called air video which is awesome it converts avi to a format I can use on the pad. Check it out. One question though is if I have purchased a app for my iPhone can I put it on the pad for no charge?
Yes

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

I'll probably get AC from Amazon - feel a lot safer.

As low as $63 - $72 inc'g shipping - link.

QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

Oh yeah nice. Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Some of my apps were ported over to the iPad free but you will notice they all
have to use the 2x button to fill the screen and they sometimes don't landscape.
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

Well it seems I might have made a mistake in my purchase. I found out today 3G is coming to my area and I only didn't get 3G because it isn't here. Do the people that have 3G use it? If so would I be smart in making a exchange? I have a open ticket with apple about the wifi not staying connected on my iPad so it was looking like I was going to have to send it in. I'm not sure wal mart will take it back however
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

Quote:
Well it seems I might have made a mistake in my purchase. I found out today 3G is coming to my area and I only didn't get 3G because it isn't here. Do the people that have 3G use it? If so would I be smart in making a exchange? I have a open ticket with apple about the wifi not staying connected on my iPad so it was looking like I was going to have to send it in. I'm not sure wal mart will take it back however
I find there are plenty of free wi-fi around me and since I don't travel the 3g
part was not a necessity your mileage may vary.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I use 3G all the time, but realize it adds about $200/year to the cost of your iPad. Still, it is worth it to me.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad | iPad 2? 2nd March? »