New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Your plans for the iPad 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

Does anyone have any plans for the iPad 2 whenever it is released?(hopefully soon)
I'm buying myself the 64gb wifi+(hopefully verizon 4g) and I'm buying my girlfriend the wifi only 32gb wifi only model. If there isn't a Verizon model I will most likely just get the 64gb wifi only model.
I plan to use it for school (the college im going to next fall implements macbooks and ipads in every classroom..I believe they're even featured on Apple's website)

1) Does anyone else plan on getting the ipad 2 or the original ipad?

2) What do you plan to use it for?

3) Have you had the first model, if so will you upgrade? What were your first impressions?

4) If the iPad could have one thing of your choice, what would it be most?

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

1) Does anyone else plan on getting the ipad 2 or the original ipad?

No.

2) What do you plan to use it for?

N/A

3) Have you had the first model, if so will you upgrade? What were your first impressions?

Yes, no. My first impressions were it was a novelty item, but now it's become more and more useful and can't imagine not having one.

4) If the iPad could have one thing of your choice, what would it be most?

Dual core processor.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

I'm gonna have to agree on the dual core. I would also love to see a 5MP camera on the back.

QUOTE Thanks
ClockworkWorld

ClockworkWorld has a spectacular aura about

My wife and I were going to get the iPad 2, but seeing that there are not really any improvements that make us say "I just really want to have that" in the iPad 2, we're just going for the first generation rather than waiting. Now if they add a dual core processor to the iPad 3, we'll be all over it

Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I have the current iPad, 32GB Wifi only - I bought it on launch day. I initially thought it was just a novelty and thought I would regret buying it, but it's actually the most used electronic item I have, perhaps even more than my phone. Almost everyone I know who has one feels the same way.

I won't upgrade this year, I just bought a new Mac.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

@ClockworkWorld, I thought about that...but with being 6 hours away from my girlfriend, we thought it would be really nice to at least be able to video chat once in a while because with work and school, and her also doing work and school, we won't be able to visit much so any "face time"(no pun intended) would be great.

@Zoolook I also had an ipad on launch day..I ended up getting the 64gb wifi only model, but i sold it 6 months later to fix my racing atv...which is why im getting a new one now.

QUOTE Thanks
ClockworkWorld

ClockworkWorld has a spectacular aura about

@ThePope - That makes sense Video chat is a great ability, especially being that far away and so busy! We kinda like the camera part of it... But our phones can already do that, so we have plenty of chances to take photos of random things or our little girl as it is. The camera almost had us, but we just don't need it and decided to go ahead and order the first gen

Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

I thought about it too....and I thought well, both of our new 2010 model Macbooks have iSight cameras so, we could just skype there or whatever...

But I'm one of those people that is always waiting(and yes I know, waiting forever) on new technology. But I feel that right now im only a month or two away so why not wait

QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

1) I currently have the 16GB WiFi iPad, I am absolutely buying iPad 2!

2) Apps, some music, movies, Netflix, etc.

3) As stated above, I do own iPad 1st Gen. and will be buying iPad 2 the day it's available!

4) I'm really hoping that the iPad 2 has 2 cameras. I know you said to state 1 thing, but I guess dual cameras is considered one thing

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

@macguy90 -Fair enough, I'm also hoping dual cameras...as I stated, I'm really hoping for a 5MP camera on the backside. If they can put it in the iPhone 4, I don't see why they can't put it in the iPad 2!

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I've been thinking about it, it's quite a bit of cash to put down on something that I'm only going to be using for casual web surfing, talking to friends/family and displaying images.

I could buy really good glass with that dough. >_> We will see.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

What kind of glass are we talking about?

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePope43 View Post
What kind of glass are we talking about?
Glass = Camera lens. Saving up for EF 85mm F/1.2L II

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

Ah, I apologize, I'm not quite into photography

Although I did look at some photo today that was like 270-some gigapixels? It's amazing what they can do with cameras and pictures!!!!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Still happy with my 32g iPad might pass this one up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itunes sync with touch and Ipad | iPad rejecting WIFI key - corporate guest network »