New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Reduced pricing when new comes out?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

I saw that the iPad 2 should be coming out in April 2011 with a camera, and someone said that they would still sell the iPad 1 without the camera for a reduced price. Is that true? I would like to get an iPad, but I would never get one with a camera, that's just stupid for my needs at least.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
I saw that the iPad 2 should be coming out in April 2011 with a camera, and someone said that they would still sell the iPad 1 without the camera for a reduced price. Is that true?
Yes...most likely. But only while supplies last (limited time). Once they're gone (iPad 1.0's)..they're gone!

And it's not like it's going to be some sort of "fire sale" where they will be like 50% off the current prices. Apple may just reduce the price from the current levels by $50-$75 bucks.

Of course the price reduction will probably also depend on what the price & features are of the iPad 2.0.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

Yea this guy told me that they Ipad 1.0 could go down to like $300 which would be awesome for me.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Yea this guy told me that they Ipad 1.0 could go down to like $300 which would be awesome for me.
Haha. Don't hold your breath. I'd bet anything that $100 is the most they'd lower the price.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well...I don't want to say that it couldn't happen...but if a new 16 gig WiFi iPad 1.0 is selling for $499...$300 is a pretty steep reduction.

Remember demand for iPads is currently still very very strong...so Apple most likely won't have any trouble selling the "old" iPads.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Haha. Don't hold your breath. I'd bet anything that $100 is the most they'd lower the price.
Yeah...I was afraid to go as high as $100 off...but $399 does have a nice "ring" to it!

Currently...refurbished 16 gig WiFi iPads are selling for $429 at the Apple Online Store:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...co=MTkwNDUxNDM

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

That would be the day right? But I'll what the prices are when April rolls around

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
That would be the day right? But I'll what the prices are when April rolls around
Good idea. Not to mention how low prices on e-bay and Craigslist will be when the new one is announced.

Personally, I'd have waited to get 2.0 had my wife not surprised me with an iPad for our anniversary last summer.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Good idea. Not to mention how low prices on e-bay and Craigslist will be when the new one is announced.
Exactly...this is one of my plans.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

I'm debating myself as to whether or not to go ahead and get an iPad now or wait and see what 2.0 holds.

The iPad as is, give me everything I need. I wouldn't use a camera, but web browsing, social networking, movies, and games are my priorities.

The rumored new camera isn't what keeps me hesitant on buying the current one, but I'd like to know what kind of screen, processor, memory options, and graphics cards the new one has..
QUOTE Thanks
propita

propita is on a distinguished road

While Hubby and I were waiting until April, some kids hes been tutoring for the last 6 months thanked him with an iPad. Which we are enjoying a lot!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by propita View Post
While Hubby and I were waiting until April, some kids hes been tutoring for the last 6 months thanked him with an iPad. Which we are enjoying a lot!!!
Awesome. For that "price"...I could certainly "settle" for an iPad 1.0 versus waiting for iPad 2.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

Quote:
Wow that's pretty awesome

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
And i would bet that it was the kids that made the suggestion to get one. Grown ups just dont think like that ?? Do they ??

That is gret news though. There still is some good in the world

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Unless "this guy" works for Apple, anything he tells you is just a rumor (that he probably started) or is just wishful thinking!

And if "this guy" does work for Apple and he told you that, he would be fired for letting that information go public.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dent in aluminum case. Already?! Anyone else? | iPad Screen Turned Green and Fuzzy »