New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Im buying an Ipad. wondering about 3g

Thread Closed

Steve Adams

Steve Adams is on a distinguished road

I have just picked up a new iphone 4, and im going to get an ipad. Can I access interet for free using my phone to thether with some sort of app?
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

The only way I know of is to jailbreak and use "mywi", anyone else with some ideas though? Because this one is'nt a "great" idea and quite long-winded.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

AT&T iPhone Tethering: An Extra $20/Month—If You Abandon Unlimited Data
Steve Adams

I am not on at&t.

I will have to check with my carrier
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Consider a MiFi device, if they're available in your country (not sure where you are).

They are 3g devices that create a wi-fi network. You can attach 4-5 devices and get them Pay-as-you-go so no data contract. just top up when you need it.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
Steve Adams

I saw those today, but I can tether free of charge from my iphone to my ipad. I only use up my data. which is fine. its only when I need something not in wifi range. thanks for the help!
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
I have just picked up a new iphone 4, and im going to get an ipad. Can I access interet for free using my phone to thether with some sort of app?
If I were you, I'd wait for iPad 2 to be released! If you haven't bought an iPad yet, you can certainly wait a few weeks more =) I have an iPad 16GB WiFi and will be getting iPad 2 when it's released.

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
Steve Adams

What are the differences? I cannot find any concrete info
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
What are the differences? I cannot find any concrete info
Of course you can't...Apple hasn't released the iPad 2 yet...or held any press conferences conveying what we can expect.

All you got is rumors to rely on...just like the rest of us!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

If you want one get it if you feel it lacks something you need wait but that is no guarantee
it will have what your holding out for.
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

I bit the bullet and bought one from Apple today.

The next iPad probably won't be out until at least April...

For my uses, (web browsing, email, apps, Netflix, etc) the current iPad is more than sufficient.

If by any chance, the iPad 2 completely blows me away with it's upgrades (kind of doubting that) I'll quickly sell off my iPad for a newer one.

However, I don't think that'll be the case.
Steve Adams

Yes, the current pad is amazing. And I can buy the adapter for my cameras and stuff. So really, it is fine for me and my family. My 4 year old loves his brothers iPod so I'm getting an iPad too
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Hope you received your help here. If not, try again.

Thread is locked because the spammers seem to like it - over 20 since this thread started.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Closed

« iPad Screen Turned Green and Fuzzy | Word and/or Excel for iPad »