Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Jan 17, 2011
    Posts
    3
    Black Screen??? help
    I was going to use my IPad and when I turned it on - it came one for a few seconds and then went black.

    I restored everything but still no screen. is the screen burnt out and need to be replace or can someone help me on getting it back.

    thanks.

  2. #2

    roflitskyle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    544
    Specs:
    MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
    Try hard reseting the iPad. Press the Home and Sleep button until the Apple logo appears. Don't touch the "Slide to Turn Off. And if the iPad takes a little bit to turn on, don't worry that is normal.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Jan 17, 2011
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by roflitskyle View Post
    Try hard reseting the iPad. Press the Home and Sleep button until the Apple logo appears. Don't touch the "Slide to Turn Off. And if the iPad takes a little bit to turn on, don't worry that is normal.
    I did that already, nothing.... any other suggestion?

  4. #4

    Buzzard2010's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 22, 2010
    Location
    Bretforton, Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,571
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    Have you dropped it or knocked it into something etc? Also have you still got Applecare?

    - Simon

    If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Jan 17, 2011
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
    Have you dropped it or knocked it into something etc? Also have you still got Applecare?

    - Simon
    Didnt drop it or anything just turned it on and it came on for a few second then went black. No I dont have applecare..

    Is there a reset button on IPad? there is a little whole next to the ear plug. On my camcorder they have one of these and when you push it it reset the camcorder. So I was wondering what that whole was? any one knows?

    and if I need to take it in to have it fix do you know what it would cost? is it worth fixing?

  6. #6

    osxx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 19, 2008
    Location
    houston texas
    Posts
    4,695
    Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Quote Originally Posted by KLRacing View Post
    Didnt drop it or anything just turned it on and it came on for a few second then went black. No I dont have applecare..

    Is there a reset button on IPad? there is a little whole next to the ear plug. On my camcorder they have one of these and when you push it it reset the camcorder. So I was wondering what that whole was? any one knows?

    and if I need to take it in to have it fix do you know what it would cost? is it worth fixing?
    Try holding the home and power button down at the same time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Macbook Pro screen goes black after apple logo screen
    By JCross in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 08:08 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
  5. black screen on startup, screen comes back after closing
    By colpol15 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •