New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad, IAnnotate and note taking

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

benedge89

benedge89 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, new user here.

I am in desperate need of a tablet device that I am able to take handwritten notes on while in lectures.

The most important feature I need is that I can access pdf files on the device and write over the top of them - and when i come back to them a few days later my handwritten notes will be there. Now I know that there is an app Iannotate that you can do this on the iPad, however my major concern is the ease of which you can handwrite.

Watching reviews on youtube... it seems you need to keep your hand off the screen while using an iPad stylus - this would be very uncomfortable and I could not deal with this.

Has anyone used the ipad to take handwritten notes in lectures? is iAnnotate the way to go? how easy is it to use the stylus and write neatly - can you rest your palm/wrist/hand on the screen? I'm worried about the device picking that up as well since it is multi touch.

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
GNR

GNR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedge89 View Post
Hi all, new user here.

I am in desperate need of a tablet device that I am able to take handwritten notes on while in lectures.

The most important feature I need is that I can access pdf files on the device and write over the top of them - and when i come back to them a few days later my handwritten notes will be there. Now I know that there is an app Iannotate that you can do this on the iPad, however my major concern is the ease of which you can handwrite.

Watching reviews on youtube... it seems you need to keep your hand off the screen while using an iPad stylus - this would be very uncomfortable and I could not deal with this.

Has anyone used the ipad to take handwritten notes in lectures? is iAnnotate the way to go? how easy is it to use the stylus and write neatly - can you rest your palm/wrist/hand on the screen? I'm worried about the device picking that up as well since it is multi touch.

Thanks in advance

There are several apps that allow annotation of pdfs. If you are willing to invest amodest amount, buy three or four and see which is better for you. They allare a little different.

Look at pdf expet, iannotate, goodreader, readledocs and noterize. I have these. Probably others
QUOTE Thanks
Kodyo

Kodyo is an unknown at this point

I was wondering the same thing benedge.
From what I understand (from research), the ipad screen is not accurate enough to take 100% hand written notes with. I would like someone who has actually tried to write lecture notes to confirm/deny this.

This is reason enough to have me wait for the ipad 2 and hope for more refined touch screen and drivers.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

As for note taking, the apps Notes Plus and Note Taker HD look very promising. I've not tried either of them out though. But those seem to address the issue of problems that might occur with accidental writing with your palm of your hand, etc, when writing on the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
jg24

jg24 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive

Note Taker HD sounds like what you need
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pressure crack, how much for ipad repair?! | Speck matte antiglare film is great »