New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

IPad to Apple TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TomTheYounger

TomTheYounger is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
I've just been wondering - does anyone know of a way to stream an IPad display directly to an Apple TV box using AirPlay? I know that you can stream videos, but this functionality would be more useful for a working environment.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheYounger View Post
Hi all,
I've just been wondering - does anyone know of a way to stream an IPad display directly to an Apple TV box using AirPlay? I know that you can stream videos, but this functionality would be more useful for a working environment.
I assume that by "directly", you mean not via a Wi-Fi network. At the moment, not that I know of. HOWEVER… there may be something to look forward to. The Verizon iPhone will be shipping with an update to iOS that will allow using those devices as a wireless hotspot. *If* that feature carries over to the iPad, then you should be able to create a hotspot with your iPad, connect the ATV to that for your personal wireless network, then AirPlay away. When that update is coming, I don't know, nor do I know if this only will work with 3G devices.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

You could pick up the component or composite cable kit in the Apple Store to connect your iPad to the TV.
I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it will only play videos/photos or if you can just use the TV as an external display. Maybe look at some of the reviews and do some more research into that???

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad Printing | Contacts on iPad »