New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Looking for some advice!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gtrwanka

gtrwanka is on a distinguished road

It was my birthday this passed weekend and my GF got me an ipad. This is great but now that this new rumor about the 2nd gen ipad is coming out early next year I dont know what to do! Should I return it and wait? In terms of the cameras I really dont care but a possible retina screen and lighter model would be sweet. Also seeing that I have an Iphone 4, there are many apps that run only on the retina display and I would hate to miss out on apps because of the older screen. Let me know what you guys all think!
QUOTE Thanks
gtrwanka

no opinions?
QUOTE Thanks
VonStoven

VonStoven is on a distinguished road

You can use retina iPhone apps on the pad, as the pad's larger size makes up for the lack of pixel density.

In fact current retina apps are pret well suited to the ipad as it is now. I find it VERY unlikely that the second ipad will have a retina display, as the resolution would be INSANE and it would cause major developer fragmentation.
QUOTE Thanks
gtrwanka

No one thinks that the ipad will be radically redesigned right?
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

I think you should be grateful with a girlfriend like that and enjoy the iPad

The iPad 2 will have some new features for sure, but the question is if you need these new ( rumored ) features.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

No, the iPad will not be "radically redesigned."

If there is to be an iPad 2 next year, it is likely to appear in late April (at the earliest -- Apple can barely make enough iPads to meet demand now!).

If I were you I would enjoy your very generous present from a clearly thoughtful and considerate GF.
QUOTE Thanks
BatterdStarfish

BatterdStarfish is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" LED iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
No, the iPad will not be "radically redesigned."

If there is to be an iPad 2 next year, it is likely to appear in late April (at the earliest -- Apple can barely make enough iPads to meet demand now!).

If I were you I would enjoy your very generous present from a clearly thoughtful and considerate GF.
100% with you.

I dont think they will make it lighter. Or redesign anything. Theres no need at this moment. Apple will be doing what they do best. Add little things to it, to bring in more turnover. Like the cameras, which i wont be changing my iPad just to take a picture.

Just enjoy the gift dude . By the way. Whats she say to all this returning talk ? lol just curious.

~Joe.

Just call Me Joe

My First Mac; Newbie and Proud
QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

Well, the iPad 2 will most likely have 2 cameras, thinner design, lighter weight, gyroscope (for better gaming) and upgraded memory/processor. If those new features appeal to you, I would definitely return it. I personally would return it, wait for January & get yourself the iPad 2 Just my opinion!

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy90 View Post
Well, the iPad 2 will most likely have 2 cameras, thinner design, lighter weight, gyroscope (for better gaming) and upgraded memory/processor. If those new features appeal to you, I would definitely return it. I personally would return it, wait for January & get yourself the iPad 2 Just my opinion!
You haven't been around women much, have you?

PS. No new iPad in January. See you next April.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrwanka View Post
No one thinks that the ipad will be radically redesigned right?
No one can tell you. At this point no one knows what the new iPad will be or when it will be released other than Apple.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterdStarfish View Post
I dont think they will make it lighter. Or redesign anything. Theres no need at this moment.
Considering that's the #1 complaint about the iPad, I'm pretty sure Apple will quickly try to find a way to cut the weight. I'm guaranteeing you that the iPad 2 will weigh less than the existing iPad.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Mavericks, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

I am sure this the not appopriate place to post this. However I ordered an I pad on Friday Jan. 8th and said that it would be shipped within 24 hours. So I going to assume that it would be the following Monday. Now where does this exactly com from? Can anyone tell me an about date?

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrwanka View Post
no opinions?
I'm on my third marriage. You probably don't want relationship advice from me, but I would keep the iPad and enjoy it now. If it turns out that the iPad2 has features you just gotta have, you can always sell it.

As far as the features of the next generation iPad and when it will be released, only one person knows for sure and he isn't talking!

QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesidedog View Post
Now where does this exactly com from? Can anyone tell me an about date?
They are shipped by FedEx from the factory in Shenzhen China and it usually takes about a week... or so... if you are lucky.
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Mavericks, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

Thanks c4. At least I know where I stand. I thought I would get some sort of a confirmation via email.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad Screen Scratches! Help!? | Ipad Printing »