New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

can one access radio station in iPad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Truthfinder

Truthfinder is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBA

Hello,
Can one access the following radio station in iPad?

http://203.94.64.10/cityfm_tamil/?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

No luck on either the iPad or my MB Pro. In both cases Safari responds with a message that the server has stopped responding.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Truthfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
No luck on either the iPad or my MB Pro. In both cases Safari responds with a message that the server has stopped responding.
Thank you for testing that for me.

I have a Win 7 Computer whare it does work.

I intend to purchase an iPad for X'Mas and hence wanted to know.

Would this ever become playable in an Apple's OS, in your opinion?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

You're welcome. I did a little more poking around and here's what I found out: If I enter just the IP address portion of that url Safari attempts to load the file on my MB Pro and then generates a different error as it attempts to load my Flip4Mac Windows Media Plugin. I'd bet this is a protected Windows Media format file. No idea when a future upgrade might make it playable.

I could be wrong here. This isn't exactly my area of expertise.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You should provide the URL of the web site for someone to try rather than the address of the streaming link.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Truthfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
You should provide the URL of the web site for someone to try rather than the address of the streaming link.
I am ignarant. What is URL?

Is this one?
Welcome to Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That'd be the one. I'm not at a Mac right now, maybe a couple of others can try it out from there.
But, don't think there is way to stream .asf to any of the iDevices.
That's a proprietary Windows codec.

QUOTE Thanks
Truthfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
That'd be the one. I'm not at a Mac right now, maybe a couple of others can try it out from there.
But, don't think there is way to stream .asf to any of the iDevices.
That's a proprietary Windows codec.
Thank you for that.
By theway the radio station stops broadcasting at GMT 18 Hours.

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I opened that link on my MBP and clicked on "Radio SriLanka" on the right-hand side. It opened a new window and after loading for a few seconds played static. So, maybe it's off the air right now. But static is something. I'll have to give that a try on my iPad as well...

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Nope, won't play in iPad. It brings up a page with a message that says "Play in VLC" and when I tap on that, it opens VLC but doesn't play anything. *shrug*

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Nope, won't play in iPad. It brings up a page with a message that says "Play in VLC" and when I tap on that, it opens VLC but doesn't play anything. *shrug*
That's the same thing I got on the iPhone also.

QUOTE Thanks
Truthfinder

Thank you very much guys for trying.

Hello MYmacROX
I tried to open in MBA the above link, the SLBC webpage opens but the "Radio Srilanka" on the right hand side does open a new window but does not play the station broadcast.

By theway radio station function from 00 hours GMT to 18 hours GMT.

What a shame it does not work in iPad either.

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well i just opened the page and clicked on the Radio Sri Lanka and here is the music i got DropBox

My son has run away with my iPod Touch to be able to try it out in there .....

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
Truthfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Well i just opened the page and clicked on the Radio Sri Lanka and here is the music i got DropBox

My son has run away with my iPod Touch to be able to try it out in there .....
Your link is not life streaming!! That is not the radio station.

Are you streaming in a Mac computer & if so have you installed any software to recognise the above radio station. It does work well in a Windows by the way.

How did you do it? Did you install any different tto the itune to play the radio station? Would you mind sharing?
Regards
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

No All i have installed is Perian ~ The SwissArmy Knife for Quicktime and Flip4Mac ~  Downloads.
These two Apps are for Mac OS and allows Windows media to be played in Quicktime.

All i get once the station starts is the QuickTime Component within the Safari browser ...

So not sure what is up with your end. I just recorded that Audio clip with Audacity and when i double clicked the saved .wav file it just opened in iTunes.
So in short, the station should open from within your browser NOT iTunes ...

EDIT : Sorry bout the size Mods, Skitch just did a update and its completely different. Give me time to work resizing out lol

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I use my iPad as a keyboard? | Number of songs, pics, videos different on iPad and Mac »