Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    V6Pony's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 30, 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    273
    Specs:
    MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
    ipod which to get
    Going to buy a new iPod on Black Friday. I will use it to play music. My mp3 collection. Which one should I get? I was thinking about the 3g Touch 32 gb. Does this have good sound quality? Or should I go with the 4g 32 gb?

  2. #2

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,947
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    How big is your music collection? Do you intend to use it in the car?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  3. #3

    V6Pony's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 30, 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    273
    Specs:
    MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
    Right now my collection is 9 gb. I add to it as I buy cd's. My car has a 6 cd changer in it that will play mp3's. I usually make cd's to play in the car. There is a iPod connector in the car I just have not used it.

  4. #4

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,947
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pony View Post
    Right now my collection is 9 gb. I add to it as I buy cd's. My car has a 6 cd changer in it that will play mp3's. I usually make cd's to play in the car. There is a iPod connector in the car I just have not used it.
    Yeah, I'd say at least double the size of your collection is a good rule of thumb. To me, the primary appeal of an MP3 player is to be able to take my entire collection with me. Sounds like you might have something like Ford's Sync system (with a username like V6Pony, I'm guessing you're driving a Mustang). So, no worries about trying to manipulate a touchscreen while driving. I'd say you're on the right track.

    I've had aftermarket iPod Integration solutions from DICE and USASPEC in my last 4 cars and that's where my iPod lives nearly full-time. It's nice to have a "radio station" that only plays the music I like. I keep it on shuffle all the time.

    My solution was a 30GB iPod Classic. More recently, I upgraded to a 16GB iPod Nano (the previous generation) and couldn't be happier with it. I also have an iPod Touch, but I mostly surf and play games on that device. Across the iPod line-up, the audio quality is consistently excellent. Apple doesn't skimp on the audio components of the iPod. You can't go wrong with any of their models.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  5. #5

    V6Pony's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 30, 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    273
    Specs:
    MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Yeah, I'd say at least double the size of your collection is a good rule of thumb. To me, the primary appeal of an MP3 player is to be able to take my entire collection with me. Sounds like you might have something like Ford's Sync system (with a username like V6Pony, I'm guessing you're driving a Mustang). So, no worries about trying to manipulate a touchscreen while driving. I'd say you're on the right track.

    I've had aftermarket iPod Integration solutions from DICE and USASPEC in my last 4 cars and that's where my iPod lives nearly full-time. It's nice to have a "radio station" that only plays the music I like. I keep it on shuffle all the time.

    My solution was a 30GB iPod Classic. More recently, I upgraded to a 16GB iPod Nano (the previous generation) and couldn't be happier with it. I also have an iPod Touch, but I mostly surf and play games on that device. Across the iPod line-up, the audio quality is consistently excellent. Apple doesn't skimp on the audio components of the iPod. You can't go wrong with any of their models.
    Thanks for the reply cwa107. Yes I do have a Mustang Convertible love my car. Nothing make the ride better than good music. If you feel the 16GB nano has good sound quality I may go with that model. I like to use head phone sometimes also "not in the car". You think the nano has enough power to run the headphones?

  6. #6

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,947
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pony View Post
    Thanks for the reply cwa107. Yes I do have a Mustang Convertible love my car.
    I love your car too Have been a Mustang fan since I built my first model of a '65 fastback many years ago. I'm hoping that one day I won't need to drive in snow or carry around two car seats in the back and I'll be able to buy one at that point

    Nothing make the ride better than good music. If you feel the 16GB nano has good sound quality I may go with that model. I like to use head phone sometimes also "not in the car". You think the nano has enough power to run the headphones?
    Yeah, the sound quality is very good amongst all of the iPods I've ever listened to. And there's no worries about running them with headphones, power is not an issue.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  7. #7

    osxx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 19, 2008
    Location
    houston texas
    Posts
    4,695
    Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    As cwa107 said Apple did not skimp on sound quality I use a 30g gen 5.5 iPod for auto
    and home as for headphones found that it will power most but if you stay under 100ohm
    impedance the dynamics, bass and volume will be better.

  8. #8

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    49,465
    Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Thanks for the reply cwa107. Yes I do have a Mustang Convertible love my car. Nothing make the ride better than good music. If you feel the 16GB nano has good sound quality I may go with that model. I like to use head phone sometimes also "not in the car". You think the nano has enough power to run the headphones?
    Another Mustang owner here. (98 GT) As far as the 16 GB Nano is concerned, it has plenty of power to drive most headphones. I bought one for my wife last month and she loves it. The small touch screen may be a bit hard to get used to but other than that, it's the best Nano yet.

  9. #9

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,947
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Another Mustang owner here. (98 GT) As far as the 16 GB Nano is concerned, it has plenty of power to drive most headphones. I bought one for my wife last month and she loves it. The small touch screen may be a bit hard to get used to but other than that, it's the best Nano yet.
    Yeah, I like my Nano quite a bit (mind you, I have the previous generation - bought it just before the latest came out). It's amazing how much tech they've packed into that tiny package.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  10. #10

    V6Pony's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 30, 2010
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    273
    Specs:
    MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
    Well ended up with the iPod Nano 6g 16 gb. Can't believe how small it is not much bigger than a silver dollar. I've sync'ed it already the sound is very good. I'm using the Apple headphones now. Have to say they are pretty good. I bought a set of Sennheiser CX 300-II have not tried them yet. I'm quite pleased. I went this way. Thanks for everyone's input.

  11. #11

    wolfpuppies3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 07, 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    381
    Specs:
    15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
    Just upgraded my old iPod to a
    16 gig iPod Nano. Have over 3,000 songs in it and love it. Lives in the center console of my car, wired to my car stereo.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •