New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

4.2 update --> iPad spazz --> back to normal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

I updated both my iPads last night and they were working fine. I put mine on my nightstand and went to bed. When I woke up this am it wouldn't turn on. I kept trying to do a hard reset, everything I could think of. Plugged it in while I was in the shower thinking maybe I had drained the battery, nothing. So I brought it to work and plugged it back into my laptop. At first, nothing, not being recognized by iTunes.

Then, all of a sudden, it spontaneously wakes up and starts syncing. Now it seems to be working fine. And the battery was at 100% when it woke up.

Have no idea what happened, and I'm not here to complain. Just wanted to share the story in case anyone else had a similar experience so they wouldn't freak out. I was ready to head to the Apple store at lunch. But whatever it was seems to have fixed itself.

Brent
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I had this happen once. My iPad just wouldn't turn on. But it had nothing to do with an update. However, I was able to fix it with a hard reset. I figured the iPad just froze up in sleep mode.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonian

jacksonian will become famous soon enough

You're right. I should clarify that I can't say for sure that it had anything to do with the update, just happened right afterward so it's possible that it's just a coincidence. Hard reset didn't seem to be working for me. Not sure what woke it up.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPad 3G performance with video and pictures | Equus comes with iPad... »