New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

IPad 3G performance with video and pictures

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Goodo

Goodo is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, happy Sunday!

I have an iPad 3G which I use for a combination of business and pleasure, I live In the UK and I've been using O2 for 3G data. What i have noticed is that when I use the 3G signal for email and browsing the web, it is responsive, even more so than most free or crappy wifi sources, but this appears to come at a cost;

The video stream quality and the quality of the images is really poor. I find this annoying, and quite frankly a rip off. I pay for my data every month and I struggle to use anywhere near my allotted capacity; presumably because I'm getting hardly any data to my iPad.

A couple of questions:

1. How can they do this?
2. Why is there no setting where WE get to decide the image and video quality that we are watching.
3. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just O2 uk protecting their crappy bandwidth.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Goodo
QUOTE Thanks
Goodo

Goodo is on a distinguished road

It is worth mentioning here that you can stream iTunes store movie trailers in higher definition using 3G network. So what gives?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is it possible to backup photos to the cloud? | 4.2 update --> iPad spazz --> back to normal »