New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Question for those who have upgraded to 4.2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

Did the upgrade change the orientation switch on the side change to a mute button or is that jut a rumor? TIA

 24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
 2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
 iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
 iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

It's not a rumor.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

4.2 isnt released until the 24th November.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive12 View Post
4.2 isnt released until the 24th November.
Developers have early access. There's at least one developer on these forums.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Developers have early access. There's at least one developer on these forums.
Exactly, the developers(and early adapters) were who I was asking. I know 4.2 will feature the same software orientation lock that the iPhone has, but I personally don't like it. I was hoping to get an iPad with the external orientation lock, but I guess that's not going to happen. I do wish they would let us choose which one would work better for us. Oh well

Thanks for the replies

 24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
 2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
 iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
 iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

The screen orientation lock will be on the bottom of the screen along with the iPod controls --

This is a real screen shot from my iPad (that has been registered with a developer) running iOS 4.2. You access the multi-tasking bar and iPod controls by double-tapping the Home button.
QUOTE Thanks
koban4max

koban4max can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991-C4 View Post
The screen orientation lock will be on the bottom of the screen along with the iPod controls --

This is a real screen shot from my iPad (that has been registered with a developer) running iOS 4.2. You access the multi-tasking bar and iPod controls by double-tapping the Home button.
holy crap.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Im really confused now ..... Thought we weren't aloud to talk about iOS or OS developer's releases ??

10.6.6 downgrade ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
You shouldn't be discussing a developer's release of 10.6.6 in this forum. If you're a developer and have legally received 10.6.6, you really need to discuss any bugs or other findings with Apple, not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Hello NDA meet Roeiboot.

Can someone please confirm this ?? Schweb ??

Seems like a contradiction to me .....

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
koban4max

koban4max can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Im really confused now ..... Thought we weren't aloud to talk about iOS or OS developer's releases ??

10.6.6 downgrade ?!

Can someone please confirm this ?? Schweb ??

Seems like a contradiction to me .....
let it go...it's just a beta...ain't no harm...
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
let it go...it's just a beta...ain't no harm...
Mate who are you to tell me to let it go ?? Huh

Im bringing it attention bc it seems like there are two rules/double standards.

It seems to be alright for some and not for others.
The person in the 10.6.6 thread was a Mod that pointed it out, but here in this thread it seems to be ok buy the same Mod.
Dont be sitting back behind your monitor telling me to let it be, when rules are rule ....
Im trying to get clarification if you dont mind

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

I'm with you TattooedMac. Any enforcement should be consistant.

This shouldn't be discussed. This is in line with other similar topics on this forum.

All developers have to sign up to a Non Disclosure Agreement reagarding beta releases. It's then illegal to publically discuss/disclose the details of the beta.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Doesn't matter now as 4.2 is out, but TM's question needs to be answered. The one day that I leave the iPad at home the release is available. Now, someone go download and report back.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

If software in the dev area is released as GM (gold master) then it's permissible to talk about since it's no longer under NDA and is slated for public release. Also discussion of features that have been made public by Apple is allowed.

4.2 is GM and therefore public. Xtools is also only available via dev download, but it's also permissible. OS X 10.7 is not permissible because it's still under the NDA as an example, same goes for 10.6.6 at this point.

Also in the future, if you feel a post is violating the rules, you can always use the "report post" function.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
Doesn't matter now as 4.2 is out,
I see it on Apples page but iTunes is saying I am up to date. iPhone 3g which is flat out says the update works with. Wonder what is up?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
I see it on Apples page but iTunes is saying I am up to date. iPhone 3g which is flat out says the update works with. Wonder what is up?
It's being released at 10:00 AM PT today.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is it worth updating 4.2? | how do i sync my ipad and iphone together »