New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad rejecting WIFI key - corporate guest network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cyberman

Cyberman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" Quad Core iMac

I have been trying to connect my iPad to a guest network at a corporate HQ, and it keeps rejecting the password.

In the settings I get the error...
'Incorrect password for "xxxxxx"'
And I try via Safari I get...
'Unable to join the network "xxxxxx"'

I am using the correct key provided by the company, and this has been verified as the 3 laptops I am using for training al work ok.
But my iPad stubbornly refuses to join the network, my home and families networks all work ok.

I have done some searching but most solutions revolve around rebooting or resetting the wireless network, there is no way this company will let me do that or remove the password as also seems to be the solution.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? And if so do you have a solution?

___
"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things. - Jack Burton
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Is it possible to block people connecting using an Ipad?

My work doesn't allow me to connect my personal iphone to their services even though I have all the details.
QUOTE Thanks
Cyberman

Could be I guess, just annoying as it would be good to get on line.
But I guess I'll have to stick to using my MiFi instead.

___
"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things. - Jack Burton
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Have you asked your IT department?

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Cyberman

will need to speak to IT, but its knowing who to speak to for a sensible answer!

___
QUOTE Thanks
normcox

normcox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
I have been trying to connect my iPad to a guest network at a corporate HQ, and it keeps rejecting the password.

In the settings I get the error...
'Incorrect password for "xxxxxx"'
And I try via Safari I get...
'Unable to join the network "xxxxxx"'

I am using the correct key provided by the company, and this has been verified as the 3 laptops I am using for training al work ok.
But my iPad stubbornly refuses to join the network, my home and families networks all work ok.

I have done some searching but most solutions revolve around rebooting or resetting the wireless network, there is no way this company will let me do that or remove the password as also seems to be the solution.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? And if so do you have a solution?
_______
This worked for me, go into wifi setting and turn off the auto-login. Open up safari and see if you get the login options you need. This worked for me on a HP procurve guest network.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Your plans for the iPad 2 | iPad Charging Requirements »