New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

need advice on ipad screen protection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

koban4max

koban4max can only hope to improve

I was adviced by an apple employee that I shouldn't get the ipad cover protector. He said it's because it has codine on it, meaning it is scratch proof and smear proof. What say you guys?

If I was to get it, what type of protect should i get?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

All I know is my iPad screen accidentally got scratched and I have no idea how. I'm always MORE than careful with it, so it isn't hard to do. I would recommend Ghost Armor. My wife and I have it on our iPhones. Great protection, great warranty and totally un-noticable. You can get just the screen covered or the entire iPad/iPhone.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
koban4max

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
All I know is my iPad screen accidentally got scratched and I have no idea how. I'm always MORE than careful with it, so it isn't hard to do. I would recommend Ghost Armor. My wife and I have it on our iPhones. Great protection, great warranty and totally un-noticable. You can get just the screen covered or the entire iPad/iPhone.
I see.. I gotta get protection asap then. ghost armor? is it easy to put it on?
thx
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I have no protection on my iPad and haven't scratched it yet. I do have the Apple iPad case that I carry it around in when I'm not using it.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
I see.. I gotta get protection asap then. ghost armor? is it easy to put it on?
thx
Well, I've tried Zagg's Invisble Shield screen protectors in the past for my iPods and other phones. It never turned out quite right. This time I just paid for the installation. I went to the Mall by my house and the guys at the Ghost Armor kiosk did it for me in about 15/20 minutes. I think the labor was around $15 USD. But it looks great and there's a 7 day guarantee that you can bring it back for any reason and have them re-do it free of charge until you're completely satisfied. I had to do this the next day because somehow a tiny piece of lint got under the cover and was barely visible but I knew it would bother me over time. They took the old one off and put a new one on in no time at all.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I agree with having someone else (a Pro) do it. Because it kind of reminds me of the many times I attempted to install window tint on my automobiles. It never seems to turn out the same way as when done by professionals. Yeah, you pay for the labor but it's well worth it.
QUOTE Thanks
koban4max

yeah, i'm going to get the service.
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by koban4max View Post
I was adviced by an apple employee that I shouldn't get the ipad cover protector. He said it's because it has codine on it, meaning it is scratch proof and smear proof. What say you guys?

If I was to get it, what type of protect should i get?
Take a nail and drag it across the screen then take your iPad back to the store where the salesperson told you the screen was "scratch proof" and see what happens! You will quickly find out that the warranty on your iPad is that it will be free from defects for 1 year, but it does not cover what I call "The Big Four" :

1) Abuse
2) Misuse
3) Neglect
4) Acts of Nature (this used to be called "Acts of God")

Under normal use and with a reasonable degree of care, the touchscreen should hold up quite well.

OTOH, I use a Zagg Invisible Shield (that I managed to do a decent job of installing) and their product does carry a guarantee against scratches and comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
QUOTE Thanks
koban4max

arite..so i bought it and installed it myself last night.
I don't it was all that good..sort of sprayed too much on screen and ipad...is it too late to get best buy guys to install it?
QUOTE Thanks
class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

Where the heck do you find a professional outfit to put on a screen protector? I know there's not one in my area(Jackson, MS). I put a Steinheil screen saver on my IPhone and ruined at least 3 trying to to the job.
QUOTE Thanks
koban4max

Quote:
Originally Posted by class77 View Post
Where the heck do you find a professional outfit to put on a screen protector? I know there's not one in my area(Jackson, MS). I put a Steinheil screen saver on my IPhone and ruined at least 3 trying to to the job.
is there best buy there?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
...I went to the Mall by my house and the guys at the Ghost Armor kiosk did it for me in about 15/20 minutes.
Check out your local mall, or as koban4max suggested, your nearest Best Buy.

QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Quote:
If you buy one at the Apple store a Genius will put it on for you. And they have a 14 day no questions asked return policy. I had one installed on my iPhone and decided I didn't like it a week later. My finger dragged instead of gliding across it. I scraped it off and took the remains back to the store along with my receipt. They took it back without a hassle.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I have never used a screen protector on my iPad and I have no intentions to do so. I have been very careful with mine, I find the Apple flip case is enough to protect the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

Don't use iPad screen protectors...they are too difficult & not worth the $$!! Trust me- just buy some iClean or similar screen cleaning solution. The iPad's screen is pretty much scratch-proof.

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Motorokr S9-HD won't advance track on iPad | Couple of Questions (Considering Buying). »