Thread: no wifi

no wifi
    The wifi option is greyed out, I cant enable it.
    3g is working fine. Whats going on?

- I already turned flight mode on and off.
    - I also shut the ipad down by holding the power button till the 'slide to power off' appears. Then started back up and no wifi .
    - I also held the home button + power button till the gray apple logo appeared. Still nothing
    - I did the reset network settings

I created a backup using iTunes a few weeks ago.
    I am on 3.2.1 and I did a jailbreak (to be able to allow apps to run in the background + multitask) but I paid for all my apps.

thanks!

raccabro manded
    Ok I did a reset within ipad. Nothing
    I then restored via iTunes and was forced to upgrade to 3.2.2 which I did. Still nothing. So i restored a few more times (via iTunes) but still nothing.
    So I jailbroke it via limera1n hoping it would kick start the network card. Still nothing.

I am about to start pulling hair out.
    Problem is Apple has not yet released the iPad here in the UAE so there is no support. I bought mine from Boston and will not be going to the US soon.
    And I cant keep running it on 3G because the provider caps me at a certaina bandwith. Well doesnt cap me but will happily charge me "out of bundle" usage.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The message "no WiFi" like that indicates that the Wi-fi antenna is not working.

This unit will have to be serviced in order to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    The message "no WiFi" like that indicates that the Wi-fi antenna is not working.

This unit will have to be serviced in order to fix that.
    Called Uk Apple support (not toll free). They said bring it to an Apple store.

The closest Apple store to me is 5,000 miles away (on another continent).

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    May I ask where you live? Maybe sending it into Apple might be your only recourse. You have tried everything and I am pretty sure it's a hardware issue unless someone else can suggest something. I think Chas is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    May I ask where you live? Maybe sending it into Apple might be your only recourse. You have tried everything and I am pretty sure it's a hardware issue unless someone else can suggest something. I think Chas is right.
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Problem is Apple needs me to get a real live person to bring it into an Apple store. I cannot send it to them directly.

This is a hassle. Im thinking ill buy another one and wait for the iPad to be released here officially then take it in under warranty. The once its fixed, ill give it to my wife or mistress (just kidding) (about the mistress)

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Oh my! Keep us posted what you end up doing and good luck!

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    There is an Apple Centre in the Ibn Battuta Mall in Dubai (in the China Court) and a brand new Apple Centre in the Abu Dhabi Mall in Abu Dhabi (third floor near the Grand Cinemas).

These are not "Apple Stores" like the US (et al) has, but they are authorised Apple Dealers and should also be authorised for repair.

There is also allegedly one in Festival City.

This information MAY be out of date, but it should be easy enough to find out if you are actually there.

Thread Information