New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Dont know what to do!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mariot

mariot is on a distinguished road

Hi guys . I am new to this forum and stuck on this huge dilemma. Im currently a night time university student and looking for something portable and easy to take notes. I have a basic laptop and thinking of getting the macbook pro but that would mean selling my iphone and laptop to buy the macbookpro.

Option two is keeping my iphone and laptop and getting the ipad for christmas .
So in the end my question is . Should I go for a laptop/ipad/iphone combo or just macbook pro?

Thanks

Mario
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Depends how you take notes. With the iPad you have to have it laying flat on a flat table surface and constant look down. Not beneficial if you need to look up at the board or screen to copy down notes.

If you can live without an iPhone then I would go with the MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
mariot

I will probably by a case that slants the ipad to make it easier to take notes.
I also would like to add the reason i am not using my current laptop is because the battery drains within two hours .
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You can grab the iPad and the keybaord dock that goes along with it and use that to type up your notes while keeping the iPad visible as well and not having to constantly look down..

Without the keyboard dock, you'd have to type on the iPad itself which might be slower..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariot View Post
I will probably by a case that slants the ipad to make it easier to take notes.
I also would like to add the reason i am not using my current laptop is because the battery drains within two hours .
What kind of laptop do you have now? That's terrible battery life. Even if you did get a new MBP it could have poor battery life, it kind of depends on what you are doing with your machine.

To make it last longer you need to turn off bluetooth, airport if you aren't using it, and dim the screen down to at least half to extend your battery time.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
mariot

I have a Hp 6G2. The mac is my girlfriends so I was able to try and got over three hours of use which more then enough for school.
QUOTE Thanks
mariot

Hi guys . I am new to this forum and stuck on this huge dilemma. Im currently a night time university student and looking for something portable and easy to take notes. I have a basic laptop and thinking of getting the macbook pro but that would mean selling my iphone and laptop to buy the macbookpro.

Option two is keeping my iphone and laptop and getting the ipad for christmas .
So in the end my question is . Should I go for a laptop/ipad/iphone combo or just macbook pro?

Thanks

Mario
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

For note taking I am going to suggest the iPad. There are a bunch of note taking apps that can either recognize your handwriting or just save your notes as is.

Check out smart notes, write pad, notetaker HD, ithoughts HD, and penultimate. There are also audio recording note takers. That way you don't have to ditch everything just for a laptop.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Please don't double post..... refer to your other identical post and the responses there!
Dont know what to do!!!
QUOTE Thanks
mariot

sorry about the double post did not know it a no-no really sorry
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged duplicate threads

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Should I get an iPad or wait for the next gen.? | Help »