Question VGA cable or component - Ipad to TV?
    I have an Ipad that I would like to hook up to my LCD TV. I have component or VGA. I want to watch Netflix and Itunes movies on my TV using the Ipad and want to know which one is will give me better video quality: VGA cable or component cables?

Also, in what I've seen so far, some other people have mentioned that certain movies have DRM restrictions. What does this mean for display quality?

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    If you have the option get the component kit. It has everthing uou need without going to look for all the rest of the cables you'll need wth the VGA adapter.

DRM has nothing whatsoever to do with display quality.

I have not really delved into this topic that much since I have a HTPC. My understanding at this point, is that you'll be able to watch Netflix and a lot of youtube videos. You'll not be able to watch anything currently from the ABC app, hulu, MLB streaming, DRM protected movies/TV shows from iTunes and a whole bunch of other stuff.

If anyone here is actually using their iPad connected to a TV, we would all appreciate any clarification you might have.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Also, after iOS 4.2 rolls in in November, you could do it wirelessly through a $99 appleTV. Which I would think is the best option.

4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    What will you be connecting it with? I had the apple adapter and netflix wouldn't work on it.

Thread Information