New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

I regret buying the 64GB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

VonStoven

VonStoven is on a distinguished road

I've had my iPad since Canadian launch, and currently have 6GB of stuff on the thing. I'm starting to think a 16 might have done it, and a 32 definitely would have done it. Anyone else find they went too big?
QUOTE Thanks
JUKE179r

JUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the roughJUKE179r is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: '07 MBP 256GB SSD/6GB RAM/SL <--DAW!!!

Go big or go home!

MBP 3,1 & 4,1 w/ Vertex 4 SSD | Logic Pro 9 | Ableton Live 8 | Traktor Pro 2 | AKAI MPK-49 | Roland MV-8000, TR-808 & TR-909 | Ensoniq ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | Denon DN-MC6000 | (3) Technics SL-1200MK1 | 3000+ vinyl records
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

You have had it since the launch and your wondering already ??

Give it time dont think a week ahead think 1-2 yrs ahead if you think you will have one that long and over that time you will prob fill up the 64gb ......

Just a thought

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Give it time dont think a week ahead think 1-2 yrs ahead if you think you will have one that long and over that time you will prob fill up the 64gb ......

Just a thought

Cheers
That's a good thought & I totally agree.

VonStoven: You don't want to buy something...and just a couple months later have it maxed out. It's sort of like buying a Macbook with a 500 meg hard drive. Would you really want to fill up your hard drive just 2-3 months after buying it??...heck no! Same logic applies to the iPad.

With just 6gig used on your iPad...you're probably being selective with what you're putting on it. Anybody can download a whole lot of junk & fill it up in no time...maybe you're just putting quality stuff on it.

Enjoy it,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I guess I gotta be the one who disagrees with my fellow forum members, I have always and still do find 16GB to be perfect for me. I don't really put a lot of pics or music on mine, Sometimes the occasional movie. 16GB is good for my needs. If you still feel 64GB is too much you can always sell it for something smaller, Or I see people on Craigslist looking to trade 3G 16GB for wifi 64GB sometimes. At least you have options, Luckily when you buy a Apple product reselling it is never a problem.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
You have had it since the launch and your wondering already ??

Just a thought

Cheers
Agreed. I got a 4GB iPod Nano thinking it would be enough only to be disappointed later with how little room I had. Next iPod was an 8GB iPod Touch and I again thought it would be enough. Well, I can tell you three years later that 8GB isn't even close to enough considering what I want on my iTouch. Give it time and I'm sure you'll enjoy the space you have.

This is why I am now taking donations for the "Upgrade Van to a new iPod" cause.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Fodge

Fodge has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM

Sounds like someone needs more music in their life.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2011 Mac mini - 10.10.1

I still own a 16 GB iPod touch from two years ago. I have 7 gigs left on it.

See my app amount? (In my signature). See my music amount? Still have 7 gigs left.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.10.1
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10.1
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

I also have a 64GB, I have it about half full and I barely have any music on it. LOL

Video Podcasts, HD movies eBook's and about 4 pages of app's.
I keep most of my music on the iPhone, so i can plug it into my car to listen to my tunes!

QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2011 Mac mini - 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
I also have a 64GB, I have it about half full and I barely have any music on it. LOL

Video Podcasts, HD movies eBook's and about 4 pages of app's.
I keep most of my music on the iPhone, so i can plug it into my car to listen to my tunes!
I'm waiting on getting an iPad for now. I'm a bit curious to see what Apple is doing in the future..kind of like how I made the decision to get the 2G iPod touch because I didn't like not having external volume controls on the 1G iPod touch. I decided to hold off on the 3G iPod touch because there wasn't much of a difference in getting it- just faster hardware (which later lead to having a few more features in iOS 4, but enough about that)- now that the 4G iPod touch is out (or will be soon), it is time to upgrade.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.10.1
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10.1
QUOTE Thanks
VonStoven

VonStoven is on a distinguished road

I guess the $100 difference just goes towards never having to manage my files =).
QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonStoven View Post
I've had my iPad since Canadian launch, and currently have 6GB of stuff on the thing. I'm starting to think a 16 might have done it, and a 32 definitely would have done it. Anyone else find they went too big?
Your current dilemma is the reason why I never go for the highest-end model. I have the iPhone 4 16GB and iPad WiFi 16GB, they are truly plenty for me. I have a small music/photos collection but large TV shows & app collection, and I still don't need even the 32GB models. Another key reason why I don't get the higher end models is (especially true for iPads), they are much harder to sell without taking a bigger loss financially.

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I bought the 32g and have 19g of free space but I wanted to have room to grow and with Apple you never really know what lies ahead also developers may start pumping out
newer and improved apps that require a lot more space.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Look at Mac Hard Drives. Back in the day I was like "hmmm I have an 800MB hard drive and I'll never fill it up." And my current imac has a 250GB that is like two thirds full. You can never predict the future. And I think that space will come in handy one day in the future. Just not now.

That's if you intend to keep the ipad for a long time and not replace it with a upgraded model. But for the price the ipad to me is a keep for a very long time thing. Just way to expensive to be replacing every time a new model comes out.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Plenty of room to install OS X or Linux some day! You're good.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wondering if we wasted money | iPad 4.2 beta has been released to developers today »