New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Free Ipad Video Converter?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zachg18

zachg18 is on a distinguished road

Anyone know a good one? I've downloaded a few but they all put watermark on the video.

I know I can use other converters and just make it an mp4, but I wanted one that fit it to the whole screen and set it to other ipad setting also.

Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Do you mean OTHER than iTunes?

What about Evom? It's free (you use the Apple TV setting).

PS. Movies that aren't shot in 4:3 aspect ratio (ie nearly all of them from the last 50 years) will not appear full screen unless you willingly cut off part of the picture (which, as any cinephile will happily tell you, is a crime). You need only to double-tap the 16:9 image for it to switch to fullscreen on the iPad. You lose part of the picture image of course but heaven forbid you should watch the film as the filmmaker intended.
QUOTE Thanks
zachg18

zachg18 is on a distinguished road

I see the option to convert to ipad format on itunes, however I can't place the video file in itunes in the first place unless it is in mp4 format (in which case it is already in ipad format and itunes wont convert it).

I'll give evom a try, thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Handbrake is awesome and its free.
QUOTE Thanks
VonStoven

VonStoven is on a distinguished road

I second handbrake.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I should have mentioned Handbrake as an option as well. Thanks guys.
QUOTE Thanks
richieg

richieg is on a distinguished road

There are ipad presets available online for handbrake that will format the video appropiately
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

If you have a PC and a powerful Nvidia card, check out badaboom. I think it's something like $7, but it uses CUDA technology and does the transcoding and converting via the GPU rather than the CPU. It did what hand brake did in 4 hours on an OC'ed Intel I7-920 in less than an hour with an Nvidia GTX 295.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
If you have a PC and a powerful Nvidia card, check out badaboom. I think it's something like $7, but it uses CUDA technology and does the transcoding and converting via the GPU rather than the CPU. It did what hand brake did in 4 hours on an OC'ed Intel I7-920 in less than an hour with an Nvidia GTX 295.
If it uses CUDA then it won't play very nice with any other video card unless it's an NVIDIA made. CUDA was developed by NVIDIA to run on their own cards. So ATI cards aren't allowed to play with CUDA unfortunately.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPAD and GPS | First Hardware Refresh »