New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 2G?

Thread Closed

amanda.a.p

amanda.a.p is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.

What can we expect to see? And when can we expect to see it?

Amanda
13-inch, Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD*16 GB iPhone 3GS*80 GB iPod Classic*8 GB iPod nano, 3rd generation*1 GB iPod nano, 1st generation
amanda.a.p

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Facetime, and a year from now.

(seriously, people who think the next version of the iPad is going to have everything they can think up are going to be SORELY disappointed.)
So, the Christmastime rumors aren't coming true? And Facetime is really all we're getting? I was hoping for more memory... =/

Amanda
13-inch, Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD*16 GB iPhone 3GS*80 GB iPod Classic*8 GB iPod nano, 3rd generation*1 GB iPod nano, 1st generation
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda.a.p View Post
So, the Christmastime rumors aren't coming true? And Facetime is really all we're getting? I was hoping for more memory... =/
Think about it for a moment it is just know available in other countries and they
are still in so much demand supplies are very limited so its possible but not probable.
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Thread moved to more appropriate forum. Please read before posting in Rumors & Reports.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
amanda.a.p

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
Think about it for a moment it is just know available in other countries and they
are still in so much demand supplies are very limited so its possible but not probable.
Very true. I have high hopes for more memory and a flash video player in addition to facetime.

Amanda
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

C'mon! The iPad has only been out since March and they can't make them fast enough. The next thing you can look forward to is the release if iOS4 which is "rumored" to be some time this fall.

And is that really you in the hammock???
amanda.a.p

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1991-C4 View Post
C'mon! The iPad has only been out since March and they can't make them fast enough. The next thing you can look forward to is the release if iOS4 which is "rumored" to be some time this fall.

Yeah, guess that's just wishful thinking =/ and yep, it is, why?

Amanda
amanda.a.p

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Nobody here (including me) knows for certain. We're all just speculating.

I wouldn't expect any more storage (if that's what you meant) anytime soon; there are worldwide constraints on flash RAM caused largely by the present demand for Apple devices.

If you want the "christmastime" iPad, buy it now -- because that's the one that will be available at Christmas (only even harder to get than it is now!). Apple can't keep up with demand as it is, they do not generally update models "for the **** of it" so they will likely wait until demand drops off or competitors actually come up with something better (and again, if that's the criteria we'll ALL be waiting a long time).

The fact of the matter is that the iPad is working incredibly well, and generating incredible word of mouth right now, because ... well, because its awesome right now. As is.

Why Apple would even THINK about wrecking that with a newer model anytime soon ... it's just bizarre to even contemplate. Sounds like something MS would do in terms of shooting themselves in the foot and de-incentivizing early adopters ...

PS. If you're holding out for flash -- just give up. NA GA HA PEN.

Yep, I did mean storage. Why on earth does Apple need to be so stubborn with the flash? I'm not really "holding out" for anything, just curious.

Amanda
VonStoven

VonStoven is on a distinguished road

Type "thoughts on flash" into a search engine to find the article Steve Jobbs wrote about it. Basically, he's using iOS as a weapon in the format war between HTML5 and flash. He believes HTML5 is superior and at the only way it will become standard is if an immensely popular device does not support flash (so developers will be forced to use the superior format in place of the common one, making the superior one into the new standard).

And while all that makes sense, I still wish I could watch my flash video programs on my iPad...
amanda.a.p

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonStoven View Post
Type "thoughts on flash" into a search engine to find the article Steve Jobbs wrote about it. Basically, he's using iOS as a weapon in the format war between HTML5 and flash. He believes HTML5 is superior and at the only way it will become standard is if an immensely popular device does not support flash (so developers will be forced to use the superior format in place of the common one, making the superior one into the new standard).

And while all that makes sense, I still wish I could watch my flash video programs on my iPad...
I heard all about it, and yeah, it makes sense but I don't wanna pay for Hulu!!!

Amanda
1991-C4

Quote:
Quote:
...and yep, it is, why?
Well... um... it is a very nice hammock!
amanda.a.p

Quote:
Hmm... well, I'd have to agree
You know, just because I'm not totally clueless about computers doesn't mean I have to be ugly

Amanda
1991-C4

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm... well, I'd have to agree
You know, just because I'm not totally clueless about computers doesn't mean I have to be ugly
Well I was just trying, in a diplomatic and politically correct way, to pass along a compliment. It is so hard to do that these days!
amanda.a.p

Quote:
Well I was just trying, in a diplomatic and politically correct way, to pass along a compliment. It is so hard to do that these days!
Meh, politically correct is way overrated but thank you!

Amanda
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Hi guys, there's already another thread on this. I'm going to close this, please use the other one.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Closed

« Offline viewing | iPad as a GPS Device ? »