New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

battery not as long lasting as expected

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jord

Jord is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have the impression my battery is losing power (%) much quicker than it should be. Even with 3G disabled. I don't think I get to 10 hours of operation time. More something like 5 or 6 hours or so, and that's when I just browse a bit, listen a bit to iTunes, watch pictures from my library, play a little app game etc. And my screen is on 50% brightness by the way..

Does anybody know if there's an app to record operation time of the iPad , or does anybody know how to properly test if your battery is working and as powerful as it should?
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

10 hours is an average, not a guarantee. The longer you have the screen on, the more power it consumes. However, if you are going from a 100% full charge to shut-off in 5-6 hours, you might want to contact Apple care and ask them. I believe that battery replacements (actually I think they just swap out the whole iPad) are free during the first year.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
play a little app game etc
What game are you playing? If it is a graphically intensive app, it may very well drain your battery significantly. Along with this, the 10 hours is not a set in stone value. As per Apple's iPad site, "Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary."

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Am I alone in my opinion? | Work email on ipad »