New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad clock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

harrya

harrya is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" June 09

Is anyone else having a problem with their iPad clock on their 3G device? Mine is 4 minutes slow. Took to Apple store Gemius bar. They blame ATT and ATT blames Apple. Meanwhile it doesn't work.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Im sure the Geniuses are correct in this as to blaming AT&T.

Your clock is tuned through the carrier you have your iPad on.
So blame AT&T .....

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
harrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Im sure the Geniuses are correct in this as to blaming AT&T.

Your clock is tuned through the carrier you have your iPad on.
So blame AT&T .....

Cheers
Not true my friend. I can sit in my den with my 3G iPad and my ATT Blackberry side by side. The Blackberry is set to sync with network time as is the iPad. The Blackberry time is correct and the iPad time is 4 minutes off. How can you blame ATT for that? I have two new iphones in the house. Same problem with one of them but not the other.

I thinks it's an internal issue on the device and the way it processes time. It's getting the same data as the BB but has difficulty transposing clock info on the device.

Then again I could be totally wrong and you're right!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Some people over at Apple Discussions solved their problem by getting a new SIM card from their carrier.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
harrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Some people over at Apple Discussions solved their problem by getting a new SIM card from their carrier.
I have installed two new sim cards and still have the issue. One person at Apple said it might be the account with ATT itself as it's happening on a random basis but it's happening with 50% of the 3G models they said. Most people probably are unaware of it as who looks at their clock other than and OCD person like me!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Just a thought, but cant you set the clock manually?

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
harrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Just a thought, but cant you set the clock manually?
Yes you can set it manually but the auto feature is great if you travel because it automatically sets the time for that zone. That's why I would like it to work correctly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« It's a Wonder | iTunes backup issue with ipad »