New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

It's a Wonder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Artizen

Artizen is on a distinguished road

We seem to take much of what we have today for granted. I hear all the complaints about the iPhone and I cannot help but think how spoiled we have gotten to be so concerned over something so trivial. My father's engineering team worked with computer systems that took up entire blocks but yet still did not have the power that I have in my hands right now as I am sending this on my IPad. My first cell phone was huge as it had a battery the size of a shoe box with a home phone handset. Try sticking that in your pocket! Phone calls where $3.00 a pop a minute.
So to me to be able to enjoy my morning coffee while watching the hummingbirds at my feeder while sitting outside with my dog in the mountains is amazing. I've checked my emails,watched the news and done some business. So perhaps instead of whinging that this is not good enough or complaining about minor issues try to appreciate how fast and how far we have come in a few short years. Because of the nature of the beast we will always complain but for a moment just pause to appreciate and look with wonder at what we have.
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artizen View Post
My father's engineering team worked with computer systems that took up entire blocks but yet still did not have the power that I have in my hands right now...
This was my first exposure to computer programming in the mid '70s:

(That's not really me of course.)

So while you are pining for "The Goode Olde Days", would you kindly tell us what was so good about them?? Yes, we have come a long way in a relatively period of short time, but that is still no excuse for putting out an inferior product that does not work as promised.

With all due respect, this notion that things were better in the old days is a bunch of
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need to get an iPad for my mum | iPad clock »