New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad charger PROBLEM!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m_ove

m_ove is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP mid 2009 - 2.8 ghz 4 GB Ram, 500 gb HDD ; iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPhone 4 32GB Black,

So I just received the 64 GB iPad WiFi-3G version and 20 minutes after I plugged in the charger, it made a loud bang, and all the electricity went off in the house!

Do you think this is a faulty charger?
Can I use my iPhone charger to charge the iPad?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Read my blog. The Mac URL The only URL you will need to remember
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ove View Post
So I just received the 64 GB iPad WiFi-3G version and 20 minutes after I plugged in the charger, it made a loud bang, and all the electricity went off in the house!

Do you think this is a faulty charger?
Can I use my iPhone charger to charge the iPad?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
"Do you think this is a faulty charger?"...what happens when you plugged the iPad charger in after you got the electricity back on?

If the charger made a "loud bang"...I think that it's pretty clear something is wrong...because chargers are not supposed to make loud bang noises.

You just bought this thing...take it back to the Apple Store ASAP for a replacement!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

It is either coincidental or you have faulty wiring in your house! If your house is wired properly, even if you present a dead short at an outlet, it should only trip the circuit breaker for that branch... not the whole house.

Does your charger look like it is burnt or scorched in any way? If not, then it is probably OK... probably.

You probably could use your iPhone charger, but since it has a much lower wattage rating, it will take a lot longer than the iPad charger.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 3G Data Plans | Just bought a 3G iPad... Couple of questions. »