New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 3G data plan question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xRinchi

xRinchi is on a distinguished road

Hello I have a question with my iPad 3G data plan I want to sign up for? I want to sign up for The 2gb a month but I don't want to charge my card because my dad is all over my *** about it and he wants to be charged onto the AT&T bill. And here is what I figured

Each sim card has a plan on it like how my iPhone 4 has my SMS phone and data plan which is given to me by AT&T and charged unto the bill . And since this is the same with the ipad 3G sim card I wanted AT&T to charge me with a data plan on a sim card which would go onto the bill so is it possible for me to do that? If not what about this plan since the iPhone 4 has a data plan on it I could ask them to make a iPhone 4 sim card only have data plan on it and put it into my iPad because it is possible to do this all I have to do is just change my apn settings from broadband to mobile?
QUOTE Thanks
Vroomer

Vroomer is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iTouch 32 GB 1st Gen, iPad 64GB 3G, 2.8GHZ Quad-Core Intel i7

When you get an iPad with 3G and initialize it, you will be presented with the option for the 2GB or lesser data plan. When you sign up, you will get a charge on the card used. It will also auto-renew for you every month. I received an email billing statement when it auto renewed.

Having been said. When I signed up, via my iPad, I do NOT remember seeing an option to "add data to an existing AT&T cell plan." Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I would recommend visiting an AT&T store to talk to a rep in person or calling them.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Having been said. When I signed up, via my iPad, I do NOT remember seeing an option to "add data to an existing AT&T cell plan." Someone correct me if I am wrong.
That's correct. AT&T is keeping them separate even if you're a current subscriber to their service. I think it makes sense for them since not everyone who purchased an iPad and the data plan is a current subscriber. They may change that in the future when things settle down a bit.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad/phone photo compression? | Apple Care? »