New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Ipad web cam?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NeilP31

NeilP31 is on a distinguished road

Will the photofast webcam work with the ipad?... Are there gona be external cams for the ipad? I was looking at the Bt-1 web cam model that might work with the ipad. Please let me know if there is any insight on a ipad external webcam.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

You can use your iPhone 3GS as a webcam for the iPad.

Download Camera A as well as Camera B. One is free the other is .99

QUOTE Thanks
NeilP31

Yea but im still 16 and my rents wont let me have one cuz they have one...im looking forward to some external cam
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

I havent heard of any external camera's for the iPad.

What you could do is buy your self an inexpensive digital camera and get the connection kit for the iPad.

This will allow you to take a bunch of photos, then upload them to your iPad.
Find one with GPS built into it and then you photos will be Geo-Tagged and should work with the iPads "Places".

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Someone at some point is going to figure out a way to make a cam that clips onto the Dock connector of the iPad. Remember, there's no "wrong" way to hold the iPad, so such a device (if the iPad is held "upside down") could easily work.

Maybe not tomorrow, but at some point.

And yes, I expect that "the iPad 2" or whatever they'll end up calling it will "inherit" the sort of cam system the iPhone 4 has (at least for front-facing, anyway). But contrary to a lot of people, I don't think that will arrive next April. I think you'll have to wait longer.
QUOTE Thanks
NeilP31

Yea i agree with that
QUOTE Thanks
NeilP31

Ive come acrosse the photofast webcam for ipad.., i wanted to know other peoples thoughts on it...weather it was gona work or not? And if possibly apple is making a webcam for the ipad...it makes perfect sense, its a great way for apple to make good money.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

If you're asking a question about a specific piece of hardware which likely not many people have heard of, and you really expect an answer, you'd do well to post a link or several links to said product. Sure, we can Google it, but it's really proper etiquette for the OP to provide all the info. Why should your audience do all the work ?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged Duplicate threads

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to Convert DVD and Video to Your iPad | iTunes with no network connection? »